Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Nintendo DS)  » Games  »
  • I thought this was the most interesting part of the game
  • The new addition to this game, which I thought was a very nice touch to the game and to the character, was using Logic to figure out what happened at the scene of the crime
  • My only problem with this feature is that you never know when you're supposed to use it
  • Furthermore, I like how the investigations run longer now
  • What I don't like about this game is that you're not in the court room at all for the entire game

• by Shadow Zero

“Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth” is a simulation-adventure game developed by Capcom for the Nintendo DS. It is a spin-off of the “Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney” series. In this game, you take control of Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth to investigate and solve murder cases. There are some similarities between the games; however, there have been changes and improvements.

Once a crime occurs, you examine scenes, collect evidence, and then question suspects right at the scene. I thought this was the most interesting part of the game. Instead of always being in the court room and going up against the same prosecutor over and over again, I felt it was a nice change of pace to be able to interrogate suspects and civilians and find contradictions in their testimony (of course, the occasional prosecutor does pop up).

The new addition to this game, which I thought

was a very nice touch to the game and to the character, was using “Logic” to figure out what happened at the scene of the crime. In the other Ace Attorney games, Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice had a kind of almost supernatural power that helped them solved the case. However, since Edgeworth was more of a reason and logic kind of person, he uses his own sense of “Logic” to make deductions about the case.

My only problem with this feature is that you never know when you’re supposed to use it. I would often get stuck in the game, wondering if I missed a piece of evidence or conversation; and then as it turns out, I’m supposed to use “Logic” to continue the story line. In addition, some pieces of information seem like they would go together, but end up not; ...

• and some seem like it would never make sense for them to be together, but do. But anyway, that’s just me.

What I really like about this game is that the characters can now physically move around the room. Typically, you always get a first-person view and merely tap at objects with the stylus. With this change, it makes the game a little more realistic, being able to investigate an entire room and run around, instead of only a part of the room. Furthermore, I like how the investigations run longer now. In the other games, the main focus was always the court room, so there’s not much time spent on examining the crime scenes.

What I don’t like about this game is that you’re not in the court room at all for the entire game. It’s nice not being in the court room

once in a while as a change of pace, but not for the whole game. The whole point of being a prosecutor (or a lawyer in general) is to be able to be in the court room. I had thought that you would be able to name suspects and defend your case against a defendant who was actually guilty for once (like playing the exact opposite of the Phoenix Wright series). But, I guess it would make the game a little too similar to the others.

As a fan of the Phoenix Wright series, this is a great game. There are a few disappointments about the game, but they’re all something I can live with. This game is probably only worth buying if you’ve played at least one of the Phoenix Wright games, just to get a better feel of the characters in the game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2816031026610231/k2311a0316/3.16.10