Kodak AA Rechargeable NiMH Batteries
  • I thought they might be made specifically for Kodak's cameras and might be unsuitable for other purposes
  • Regular batteries and other NiMH batteries slid in and out with no problem, but Kodak's batteries were too snug

• by charles63

I began using a pair of Kodak’s AA rechargeable batteries in a Braun PocketGo electric shaver approximately 20 months ago, and the original two batteries are still powering my daily shave. Considering that I expected only about a year’s use from a single pair, I am already delighted with the batteries’ longevity.

I use a solar recharger to recharge, so my shaving uses zero electricity from my local power company. After I have used the shaver for awhile I just place the charger in a sun-facing window for a

few hours. I still have the batteries that came with razor in case I miscalculate. So far I haven’t needed to use them.

The Kodak batteries come ready to use — precharged. This feature I found especially welcome. All the rechargeable batteries that I’ve bought before need to be charged before use, and the first charge takes longer than normal. I never understood why rechargeable batteries don’t come ready to use, but speculated that perhaps they don’t hold a charge like regular alkaline batteries. Kodak has apparently solved whatever ...

• is the cause, so I have greater confidence in its batteries.

I was uncertain how Kodak’s batteries would work when I first ordered them. I thought they might be made specifically for Kodak’s cameras and might be unsuitable for other purposes. When I first used them, my doubts seemed to be justified. The AA battery powered razor that I was using at the time had a smaller battery compartment. Regular batteries and other NiMH batteries slid in and out with no problem, but Kodak’s batteries were too snug. I

could squeeze them in, but couldn’t get the razor to turn on. So if there is little room to spare for the batteries in your electrical device, Kodak’s product might not be a good choice for you.

A pair of regular alkaline batteries has powered my shaver for about a month before dying. With 20 months of use, my two Kodak rechargeable batteries have already saved me from buying 38 additional batteries. That’s good for the environment, and good for my pocketbook. I count them among my wisest purchases.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616031026490231/k2311a0316/3.16.10