The Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I'm certainly not condoning that everyone should indulge in a liquid lunch, but it was a fun and yummy little discovery that I like to share with other connoisseurs of the unique

• by Davis Tucker

If you’re in the mood for a liquid lunch instead of a sandwich, you can always try a peanut butter and jelly shot. It’s the taste of the traditional favorite sandwich in the form of a liqueur shot.

I discovered this little treat when I was enjoying

a day off with a friend at a bar on St.

John in the USVI.

I was surprised, and instantly smitten, because it tasted exactly like peanut butter and jelly, and I’m a big fan.

Since then, I’ve introduced this to several of my bar patrons, and most of them were equally smitten.

The recipe is extremely simple.

Here are the only ingredients you’ll need: 1/2 ounce Frangelico liqueur 1/2 ounce Chambord Simply pour over ice to chill, strain, and serve in a shot glass.

Lunch in a glass is as simple as that!

• The Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot recipe
      You can adjust the measure of ingredients to taste, depending if you like more peanut butter or more jelly.

Sometimes simplicity is the best.

I’m certainly not condoning that everyone should indulge in a liquid lunch, but it was a fun and yummy little discovery that I like

to share with other connoisseurs of the unique.

Also, I had a lot of people ask me for different drink recipes when I was bartending.

Chambord and Frangelico certainly aren’t inexpensive, so this drink is probably more of an occasional treat for most people.

As always, if you’re drinking, drink responsibly, but enjoy.

Cheers!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4916031026320131/k2311a0316/3.16.10