Shaw Communications High-Speed Internet
  • My wireless router at home, which is the top model currently available on the market, cannot be the problem, as it was running at decent speeds when I was using the Telus network
  • For those who are casual internet surfers, I would recommend Shaw High-Speed Internet

• by allenz

Shaw High-Speed Internet has been advertised as one of the fastest ISPs, with a 7.5 Mbps download rate. Yet, it fails to reach anywhere near this rate on any of my computers (laptops and PC’s) at home and at work. My wireless router at home, which is the top model currently available on the market, cannot be the problem, as it was running at decent speeds when I was using the Telus network. As a result, my 100 KB/s download speed must

be the result of Shaw’s Internet service.

In terms of the internet uptime, Shaw’s service has been running almost 24/7 for me. However, it happens that every single day, around 1:30 pm and 2:00 pm PST, the internet cuts out for approximately 5 minutes. This is not the result of the router, which I reset anyways. Sometimes, when I am completing important research information, using online chat services, or gaming, this can be extremely agitating and disturbing to my work. One good thing though is that Shaw is able to maintain an internet connection speed, despite the fact that the rate of 100 KB/s dissatisfies me.

Shaw’s customer service is sometimes excellent, and at other times it is despicable. Sometimes, my requests to have a Shaw worker sent to my house to check on the internet are completely ignored. Moreover, Shaw’s workers constantly arrive late for our appointment. One time, in order to facilitate an appointment at 10:00 am (which was the time set ...

• Shaw Communications High-Speed Internet
      by Shaw Customer Support), I stayed home from work. I was dismayed to find out at 1:00 pm, when the Shaw worker who was scheduled to arrive three hours earlier finally called me, that the appointment was to be pushed back to 2:00 pm. Once the Shaw worker arrived at my house, he immediately attempted to defend himself by saying that he had lost my phone number–not once did I receive an apology for the four-hour delay, which caused me to miss
      out on a half-day of pay (and it severely tested my patience!). However, other than that, I have been satisfied with their customer support, which has for the most part been exceptionally polite and efficient.

For those who are casual internet surfers, I would recommend Shaw High-Speed Internet. However, for those who are intense gamers and professional researchers who require both 24/7 internet uptime and fast download speeds, I would not recommend Shaw High-Speed Internet, as fibre optics technology would be much better at that rate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2115031025940331/k2311a0315/3.15.10