Burberry The Beat Fragrance Perfume
  • I got a couple of Burberry samples when I bought a Burberry scent online
  • I didn’t even buy the Perfume for myself as it was a present for someone, but I was happy to use the free samples up
  • Although I didn’t think much of the Burberry brand, but having found I quite like the Brit one, then I thought I would perhaps like this one
  • I usually try to buy the largest bottle of scent as it works out the best price
  • I think if the silver part wasn’t on this, then it would looks a bit bland and boring

• by leeanne

I got a couple of Burberry samples when I bought a Burberry scent online. I didn’t even buy the Perfume for myself as it was a present for someone, but I was happy to use the free samples up. Although I didn’t think much of the Burberry brand, but having found I quite like the Brit one, then I thought I would perhaps like this one.

Since I only got this in a little tester vial I had to look online for the box and bottle design and also the price of this. I didn’t expect this to be so expensive. I only saw this in a 30ml bottle. I usually try to buy the largest bottle of scent as it works out the best price. After all you have to get the

best value for money especially when it comes to designer branded scent.

This 30ml bottle has a recommended retail price of around £29, but was on offer for £21. That still seemed expensive, and I don’t think I would be happy paying all that money for a bottle of Perfume. There is plenty of designer scents out there for a less price than this.

The box is quite a small box, but I would expect that for the size of the bottle. It is a white box which is a bit off white. The writing is quite small but simple as well. No pretty patterns or colouring on here. The box seems thick and a bit embossed as well. All ok, but I wouldn’t think this would stand out on a shelf that well ...

• since a lot of the boxes are the same colouring.

The bottle looked alright. It’s quite simple looking as well, but it has been jazzed up a bit and looks a bit more fancy. The bottle is clear glass and you can see the light brown colour through the glass. I would say it is more a rectangular shape but there is a nice silver part at the top. This looks polished chrome, and makes this look a bit fancier and modern. I think if the silver part wasn’t on this, then it would looks a bit bland and boring. I also think it would look that bit cheap as well.

The scent of this is nice. There doesn’t seem like too many scent notes are in this, but they are pretty different and

make a nice mix of scents. There is wood scents, bluebells, Ceylon, tea and a sort of forest scent. This smells a bit like blonde woods, and perhaps a slight teak wood.

I would say this is more a sophisticated scent. Probably because of the more heavier woody scent. The fruity floral part is also nice, but doesn’t make this that sparkling. It was nice enough for me, but it isn’t the kind of scent I would go for. I prefer a light airy scent. One of my friends that is older likes this scent, so perhaps the target market is around the age of 40. that’s not to say that younger people wouldn’t like this, but I just wasn’t too keen on it.

A bit nicer than what I was expecting, but just not for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5615031025800331/k2311a0315/3.15.10