Burberry Brit Red Perfume
  • Still the brand survived and although I have noticed the scent has become that bit cheaper, and still sold as well, I still think of the beige and checked image

• by leeanne

Burberry doesn’t quite have the name that it used to in my view. It is still a well known designer brand, but after the checked pattern got adopted by youths and became that bit more affordable, then the shift went from sought after designer to a bit chivvy. Still the brand survived and although I have noticed the scent has become that bit cheaper, and still sold as well, I still think of the beige and checked image. This shouldn’t affect the Perfume though, and I put this aside and tried this in the shops.

I only seen this in a 100ml bottle in the shop. Not sure if you get it any smaller, but when I looked online I only saw it in this size of bottle as well. Then again

it was on an apparent special offer so it could be that this was the size that was getting promoted. This has a recommended retail price of around £55, but was getting sold for £29. I would say that £55 is too expensive and say £35 would be the top price for this. Then again it may be that it never really gets sold on the right price, and that is there to make you think that you are getting a really good deal.

The box for this is alright. It is quite a flat box, and quite large, but then again it would be for the size of box. It is a rectangular shape. The lettering is quite faint on the box, but it can stand out alright. It could have ...

• been a little darker and stand out a bit more. Then again I always throw the box straight away.

The bottle is alright. It is quite a simple shape. It is again more a rectangular shape and is red with darker red patterned on the bottle. You can still the level of the liquid through the glass as there is clearer tinged red bits and darker ones as well. The lid is a little simple plastic one. Could have been made a lot nicer, but it looks a little bit cheap.

So how does this smell? I was surprised that this was a pretty nice scent. It was kinda heavy, but in a fresh and light scent. Some of the notes in here were red rose, mandarin, jasmine, gingerbread, vanilla beans, sandalwood and

citrus fruits. Although there is plenty of heavy scents in here, and the gingerbread added a nice spicy scent to it, the fruit and rose brought the notes up again and it all mixed together well. I wouldn’t say this was an unusual scent, but the mix of rose, with gingerbread and vanilla makes this nice on different levels. I would say the first notes you can smell is the gingerbread, but once this warms on your skin then the vanilla comes out a bit later on.

I would say this is more a younger scent, but probably alright for under 40’s as long as the user likes a mix of fruity and musky. It is a lot nicer than what I was expecting, and I could see myself buying a bottle of this sometime.

Burberry Brit Red Perfume

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5615031025780331/k2311a0315/3.15.10