Redken Body Full Hair Care Range  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought the Redken Body Full shampoo, conditioner and volume amplifier for my daughter who is twelve and has very thin, flat, straight hair

• by sampriestley

I bought the Redken Body Full shampoo, conditioner and volume amplifier for my daughter who is twelve and has very thin, flat, straight hair. She wanted something to give some volume to her long flat hair and this new range, which uses ‘New Nonstop Volume Complex’ and is priced at around £30.00 for the set, seemed like it might do the job.

The package looks very nice and appealing. The bottles are attractive, all in shades of green which gives them a natural look and the bottles all state ‘Redken 5th Avenue NYC’ which also adds to the impression that this range is

professional and will give you good results. The range is only available in salons and not in supermarkets or on the high street, so I did believe I was buying a professional product that would work.

The shampoo and conditioner smell very nice and feel thick. They go on easily and seem like a nice product. However I’m not sure if they would make any difference to the body and fullness of anyone’s hair. My daughter does have particularly flat, thin hair, but after using the shampoo and conditioner and blow drying her hair neither me nor my daughter could detect any difference.

The ...

• volume amplifier is another story though. We saw marked results when we used this on my daughter’s hair. The instructions on the bottle of amplifier state to apply evenly through towel dried hair. We did this the first time we used it and didn’t see a massive difference, just a small improvement. We then used the amplifier on my daughter’s hair once it was dry. I sprayed it upwards through her dried hair and pushed through in small movements with my hands. This gave my daughter a really good, full effect which she was very pleased with.

We have since used the

amplifier on my daughter’s dry hair after she has used an ordinary shampoo and conditioner, and we have seen the same results as we did when we used the Redken Body Full shampoo and conditioner. Obviously this leads us to believe that, while the amplifier is great and does work well, the shampoo and conditioner aren’t really doing their job. The shampoo and conditioner smell and feel nice, but on their own they didn’t give my daughter’s hair any extra volume.

I would certainly buy the amplifier on its own again, but I am not yet convinced that the shampoo and conditioner actually work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115031025510231/k2311a0315/3.15.10