Taco Bell Volcano Taco  » Food  »
0.5
  • I am going to start this review by telling you two things, 1) I normally love taco bell and 2) this was a nasty nasty taco I do not recommend
  • I almost never review food because I believe it is a personal choice
  • The other was the Volcano Burrito which unfortunately for me came in the same meal, but that is for another review
  • I bought the volcano taco because it came in a meal
  • I like spicy food but this was a weird spicy that made my lips burn but tasted bad

• by mamajess

I am going to start this review by telling you two things, 1) I normally love taco bell and 2) this was a nasty nasty taco I do not recommend. I almost never review food because I believe it is a personal choice. I am reviewing this taco because to me it was just that bad. It is one of the two worst Taco Bell foods I have ever had. The other was the Volcano Burrito which unfortunately for me came in the same meal, but that is for another review.

I bought the volcano taco because it came in a meal. It was a good deal and I had no idea what a volcano taco was but I like 90% of the menu so I was game. This taco has the standard taco bell flavored ground beef in it and the standard lettuce and standard cheddar cheese. It comes with a hard

shell that is similar in flavor to the normal hard taco shell, but it is red and is spicy. On top of your beef is a hot cheese sauce. My biggest complaint about this taco is the cheese sauce. If this sounds like something you would enjoy eating I would ask if you can order it without having the cheese sauce put on it. My experience with Taco Bell in general is that they are not able to accept any kind of substitution, but you could give it a try.

I love cheese sauce. I love taco bell’s nachos but this sauce was nothing like that. It was very spicy and artificial tasting. As I said I like Taco Bell so I used to a artificial taste, I know this is not gourmet food, but this was the grossest taco I have had at taco bell. I will never order it again.

• Something about how spicy it was and the flavor made me get about 4 bites in and throw it out. I have thrown out maybe 5 pieces of fast food in my life. Let that statement tell you how much I disliked this taco. Don’t buy it. If given to me for free I would turn it down.

In order to salvage this taco taco bell should take out the cheese sauce. If it just had the spicy shell it would be ok. The combination of shell and cheese sauce is just too much of the same flavor. I don’t mind the spice, it is the flavor.

I have also tried the volcano burrito and disliked it just as much as this taco. If you have tried the volcano burrito and enjoyed it then you will enjoy this. I suggest you stay away from them both. The normal

taco bell taco is good enough, I do not know why they need to try to create something new but this one was a total dud.

Pros:

The good parts of this taco are the same you would find with the typical taco bell taco. The meat was hot, the lettuce was fresh and the cheddar was fine. If you took away the shell and the cheese sauce this was the perfect taco.

Cons:

Well to be honest, the biggest con is the taste. I like spicy food but this was a weird spicy that made my lips burn but tasted bad. It was hot with no depth. Similar in taste to if you put too much pepper on something. It is hot but not in a good way. I hated the cheese sauce and I normally love their cheese sauce. This taco has made me afraid to try the next new thing from taco bell.

Taco Bell Volcano Taco

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715031025490231/k2311a0315/3.15.10