Alli Starter Pack  » Health  »
2.5
  • I like the old fashioned round pill case a lot more, and the alli one is distinctive and made me feel like if I used it in public everyone would know I was taking alli
  • I think these people must be much more overweight than I am
  • I only recommend this for the really overweight, everyone else should just do a regular diet

• by mamajess

I purchased the Alli starter pack for the same reason anyone would buy a diet aid, to lose weight. The box of refill pills would lead you to believe that you must start with the starter kit, but they are basically the same thing. When you buy the refill kit you are buying the pills, with the starter kit you get a pill case and some diet information, that is the only difference. I could not find out why they were different when I went to buy mine so I did go ahead and buy the starter kit, but really the pill case is not fantastic and I already knew the diet information so I could have saved myself some money and just bought the refill kit which they carry at costco. In the starter kit you get 60 mg pills which you are to take three times a day but no more.

If you eat more than 3 meals per day they suggest you take

them with the three largest meals. The number of pills you get in your kit depends on where you buy them. I got 60 in my kit but some places you can get 90 pills. All of the kits come with this little blue pill case to hold 3 pills.

I did not like my pill case. It was very odd to put the pills in it. I like the old fashioned round pill case a lot more, and the alli one is distinctive and made me feel like if I used it in public everyone would know I was taking alli. I’m not kidding, look online nothing else looks like that peapod shaped bright blue pill case.

If you have seen it once you know exactly what it is. The diet guideline book was nothing you could not find in any other diet book or online. No original information or diet information that directly relates to alli. When ...

• you are on alli you need to cut your calories and fat for it to work.

You can use any diet to make it work. You do not have to follow their diet, which is really just a dramatic caloric reduction. So if you are reading this you really want to know one thing, does it work? Yes and no. I followed the directions exactly and lost 3 pound my first week, 2 pounds my second week 1 pound my third week.

Since I had lost so little my third week I went off the diet and took it for a week eating a lower fat diet but not a reduced calorie diet and I lost 0 pounds. Once my 30 day supply was gone I went back to eating normally and gained all of the weight back. I have heard stories of people using this and dropping weight eating normally. I think these people must be much more overweight than I

am.

I think most people will have an experience similar to mine. The plus of alli is it does not make you feel weird at all. It is not an appetite suppressant so you don’t get the wired feeling you do with some pills. It sucks the fat out of what you eat instead.

As you might imagine if it sucks out the fat, the fat needs to go out of your body in poop. It will stain your toilet and it is pretty gross. Worst of all it creates a lot of gas and if you eat a fatty meal you can have what is called “the alli oops” which is anal leakage. I discovered the hard way that alli stays in your body over 24 hours so if you stop taking it on friday and eat poorly on saturday or sunday you could still poop yourself.

I only recommend this for the really overweight, everyone else should just do a regular diet.

Alli Starter Pack

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415031025330231/k2311a0315/3.15.10