Chestertown Maryland  » Travel  »
0.5
Maryland
  • My husband and I thought we would get away for a weekend, and so we tried going away to Chestertown, Maryland
  • Otherwise, I personally would have no desire to revisit this particular town, and I do not think I would ever recommend its realms to anyone (that I liked

• by cjaneb877
      My husband and I thought we would get away for a weekend, and so we tried going away to Chestertown, Maryland. It was fairly close in disatance from where we live, and we figured it would give us a weekend away without having to dump a whole lot of money on a huge vacation.

Well, we stayed at a quaint little bed and breakfast while staying in Chestertown, and while the place we stayed was half decent, the town itself, was like no other I have ever visited.

Usually, I can enjoy myself just about anywhere and find

fun activities and events, or I will seek out shopping opportunities, or at the very least, good restaurants to enjoy.

In Chestertown, we could literally not find a thing to do, or a thing to enjoy.

It was almost scary.

The town itself was filled with antique shop after antique shop, but none of them were open.

The only stores that were acutally open in the town, and probably on every street corner, were shoe repair places.

Now, I do not know about you, but I only have so many pairs of shoes that need repairing.

...

• My husband and I were rather flabbergasted, and wound up asking the bed and breakfast management where we were staying what events or activities or museums or eateries Chestertown obtained for tourists.

The front desk attendant simply laughed at us, and informed us that we were staying at the very bed and breakfast that was the town’s pride and joy and the place that attracted tourists.

When we probed more and asked her what residents did for enjoyment or hobbies, she proceeded to tell us that they got their shoes repaired, or went to Delaware (where at the

time, we were coming from).

Chestertown does sit on the water and you can marvel at some rather beautiful boats floating down the Chesapeke, but it is not really exciting enough to occupy an antire morning, afternoon, and evening.

I would say this is the type of town that would be great to visit if you had a ton of work to get done and wanted absolutely no distractions from your work.

Otherwise, I personally would have no desire to revisit this particular town, and I do not think I would ever recommend its realms to anyone (that I liked!)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38611102530430/k2311a116/11.6.06