My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997 Movie)  » Movies  »
  • Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz are both favourite actresses of mine, and I liked them in this movie as well
  • I thought they both gave good performances
  • The idea of the movie is fun and interesting to watch
  • While there were parts of the movie that I thought were overdone, I enjoyed it well enough to watch and to recommend it to others, especially Julia Roberts fans

• by booklover

I just watched my Best Friend’s Wedding again - I haven’t seen it since it came out. The initial thought that struck me was omigod! the clothes. I had to watch this just to remember what the clothes looked like and how giant cell phones were back then. (Seriously. Bricks.)

Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz are both favourite

actresses of mine, and I liked them in this movie as well. I thought they both gave good performances. The actors were just sort of there, and to be honest I never really remember them. But Julia Roberts is so believable and Cameron Diaz is earnest and sweet. Everything makes sense within the context of the movie ...

• although when you really think about it, it doesn’t make sense in real life. But what movie does?

The idea of the movie is fun and interesting to watch. It’s different to see a movie where the girl chases the guy, and it’s novel to have Julia Roberts in the role of the girl seeking the guy -

usually she’s the object. The opening scene I especially like - both the singing part with the bride and the bridesmaids and the scene in the restaurant. It’s just so 90s!

While there were parts of the movie that I thought were overdone, I enjoyed it well enough to watch and to recommend it to others, especially Julia Roberts fans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115031024890131/k2311a0315/3.15.10