G4 Securicor  » General services  »
  • This company has the reputation of being one of the best security agencies in Botswana and is all over the world
  • After all this explanation, I also have to give them my name and a personal code which up to now I have even not memorized What I like about having a security guard is that they do not allow anyone inside the premises without asking permission first from us
  • I don’t pay this company (the office does) but I believe it is quite expensive (how much the company pays their guards is another matter)

• by bethbarl

My electric fence and house alarm are both connected to Securicor which is a security company. This company has the reputation of being one of the best security agencies in Botswana and is all over the world. The agency, therefore, assigns guards in my house 24/7. Compared to the former security company we were using, Securicor is better.

First, they have a system which somehow instills discipline among their guards. There are 2 shifts with each guard working a 12 hour shifts. 3 guards rotate every 2 days to give them time to recuperate and be fit for their duty. The former guards we had in the house would often fall asleep in the night but under Securicor, this is avoided because they have to press a button every hour (these buttons are hooked to the central radio station) which is located in several parts of the yard. This

means that they actually do their rounds and if they might be lethargic, this is a way to make them get up and move. If not, a patrol car is normally dispatched by the main office to see if no untoward incidents happened. In addition, there is also supervisor which visits the house every 4 hours for spot checks and controls.

The guards are not armed. Personally, I find this is better as I probably cannot stand being on the same ground with someone wielding a gun in my house not to mention that I have kids running around. However, they do have a radio and a panic remote which they can use when there is trouble. The house itself has an external panic button on the wall which can also be used for emergency purposes.

Most of the alarm calls I got were false ones and despite this, G4 ...

• personnel are always on the scene in 5-10 minutes. I just become weary when this happens often because I always have to explain that it was a false and that we are all fine. After all this explanation, I also have to give them my name and a personal code which up to now I have even not memorized

What I like about having a security guard is that they do not allow anyone inside the premises without asking permission first from us. Even the water and electricity meter readers cannot get in unless I give the go ahead signal. And, they register each person who enters the premises. This way, I can track people who have been to the house and although I have no reason to do this, it might be useful someday. More importantly, there is always a presence in the house and when I am away

on holidays, I need not worry that the house and the vehicles will be burglarized.

The only big disappointment is the company is not liable for any lossess against thefts even if they are supposed to be responsible for the security. It does not make sense but such is the policy. We are supposed to take care of insuring our personal property.

I don’t pay this company (the office does) but I believe it is quite expensive (how much the company pays their guards is another matter). Overall, this is a better security company than the last one we had (Wayguard Security) and they appear to be better organized and equipped to deal with security and emergencies. I’m not too ecstatic with the presence of these guards (I never feel complete privacy) but they can be useful when there are emergency situations and at best, (I don’t want to sound condescending) as doormen.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2515031024810131/k2311a0315/3.15.10