John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier hairspray
  • I have always had a very high regard for John Frieda’s hair care collection, so when I saw that he had a little travel size bottle of hairspray in the miniatures section of Harris Teeter, I thought it would be a great time for me to try it out
  • I have found that the best way to use this hairspray is on a humid day, when you want to have a little curl to your hair
  • It smells almost chemical, so you definitely don’t want to use this as a pre-curling spray
  • I think I will stick to the travel sized bottles for this, because I am not going to end up using it as much as me tresemme hairspray, but I still want it when the summer comes around

• by beachgal37

I have always had a very high regard for John Frieda’s hair care collection, so when I saw that he had a little travel size bottle of hairspray in the miniatures section of Harris Teeter, I thought it would be a great time for me to try it out. The bottle comes in a bland 2 oz bottle, which isn’t very attractive, but it does match the rest of the Frizz-Ease collection, so that is kind of nice. Now, this was a hairspray I tried after using my personal favorite tresemme hairspray, and although this worked well, it really worked too well.

This hairspray has incredible hold. It really creates what the

package claims, that it creates a moisture barrier.

It makes my hair look natural when I use it after curling, but it is very crunchy to the touch. I have found that the best way to use this hairspray is on a humid day, when you want to have a little curl to your hair.

So I gently curl my hair for about ten minutes, and then spray this over my entire head, and scrunch the hair with my hands. This actually makes the hair very curly, and scrunching it keeps it from becoming too hard.

This hairspray smells nice, if not as floral as the tresemme, it is still better than ...

• my white rain bug spray hairspray. It smells almost chemical, so you definitely don’t want to use this as a pre-curling spray.

I tried that as well, and my hair smelled awfully burnt for days. It also made my hair super hard and almost plastic feeling, but it does hold well.

The nozzle is very strong, and the stream of spray is very hard as well, so I have to hold the can almost two feet away for it to be a good consistency. I can’t wait for summer to try this out, it is extra strong so that it can hold styles in the summer heat and humidity, and I am

sure it will be the perfect tool for those summer days when I want to curl my hair, or scrunch it.

That is one more thing about this hairspray, it has enough hold to make scrunching the hair easy. I am going to give this hairspray an eight for its hold and its ability to really make a style last, but it is a little too strong to be given a ten, and the smell is just bearable.

I think I will stick to the travel sized bottles for this, because I am not going to end up using it as much as me tresemme hairspray, but I still want it when the summer comes around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115031024640131/k2311a0315/3.15.10