Wet and Wild Mega Plump Waterproof Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • However, when I tried it out, I was very disappointed about it to say the least
  • The first thing I noticed about it was that the brush is of very poor quality
  • I thought at first that that first bottle I opened had impurities so I opened the other bottles I bought but they were all the same, it turned out that the liquid was like that
  • This has been a good learning experience for me about buying cosmetics

• by dimples15

I tried this mascara when my favorite brand run out of stock. This was one of those episodes that you resort to something you don’t often use. Because it was highly recommended by my friends, I once tried a brand from Wet and Wild mascara, made in the US and that it boasted that it is far better than the expensive ones. It also claimed that most local celebrities and models prefer this brand not only because of its quality but also because it is specially formulated for our kind of climate. Not wanting to be left out, I at once bought a few

for myself. However, when I tried it out, I was very disappointed about it to say the least.

The first thing I noticed about it was that the brush is of very poor quality. Its bristles have a tendency to curl rather easily making application a mess because it will need more sweeps of the brush to get a satisfactory effect. The bristles are also very thin and bend easily resulting to the lashes clumping together in groups with smudges that are very visible.

Another thing I did not like about the mascara is that the liquid looked and felt pasty even after shaking the bottle. I thought at first that that first bottle I opened had impurities so I opened the other bottles I bought but they were all the same, it turned out that the liquid was like that. This pasty texture to it resulted to residue forming in the lashes, which looked like lumps of wax scattered all over the lashes.

Perhaps one characteristic of mascara that would tell just how good its formula is would be its longevity. It is quite frustrating when your mascara fades out on you after just a few hours especially if you are in the middle of a gathering or party. This ...

• Wet and Wild Mega Plump Waterproof Mascara
      is true for the mascara I bought, the longest that it lasted was only 4 hours. Luckily, I was driving when I noticed that my lashes have started to return to their normal look so I did not have to contend with embarrassing moments in front of many people.

For me the most important characteristic of mascara is its impermeability. This mascara claimed to be waterproof, which is why celebrities favor it but it did not deliver that for me one time when I cried after I watched a movie. When I went into the bathroom to get a tissue, I was horrified when I

noticed in the mirror that the mascara blotted. There were stains all over the area around my eyes and cheeks that was running down to the chin. If I have been watching a horror movie I surely would have scared myself silly then.

This has been a good learning experience for me about buying cosmetics. Just because it is being used by many people, most of them celebrities, does not really mean that it would work as well for you too. With beauty enhancing products, it is hard to be sure about its quality or if it will work for you unless you try it out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112031023640631/k2311a0312/3.12.10