Dr. Pitcairn’s Complete Guide To Natural Health For Dogs and Cats book  » Books  »
2.0
  • I hadn't received much help or information from our veternarian so I decided to search for information to help with the health issues based on a natural approach
  • I was rather disappointed with what I read as it was my understanding the book held a lot of information about home remedy's I could try, however the format was quite different from what I had expected
  • In my opinion, the book did not address many of the different health issues dogs and cats can face
  • I thought perhaps I hadn't given the book a fair shake and decided to retrieve it from my book shelf to look through it again
  • The book is not the best choice for anyone who is just beginning to learn about this subject matter

• by luv2rite

The ISBN # for this book is: 0-87596-243-2. The copyright is: 1995.

About two years ago one of my dogs, a miniature dachshund, began showing signs of a couple potential chronic health issues. I hadn’t received much help or information from our veternarian so I decided to search for information to help with the health issues based on a natural approach. I came across this book, Dr. Pitcairn’s Complete Guide To Natural Health For Dogs and Cats, a year and a half ago when searching for information on the internet. By the description of the book as well as the two reviews it had, I felt this would be a good book for me to learn about home remedy’s to help with my dachshunds health issues.

When I received the book, I glanced through the index to look at the chapter descriptions and thumbed through the

book briefly to look at its format. I was rather disappointed with what I read as it was my understanding the book held a lot of information about home remedy’s I could try, however the format was quite different from what I had expected.

In my opinion, the book did not address many of the different health issues dogs and cats can face. The majority of the book is about homeopathic remedy’s involving the use of tinctures which I wasn’t looking for. Needless to say, I put the book away and never did refer to it again from that point.

Another situation recently arose with another one of my dachshunds and I remembered having this book. I thought perhaps I hadn’t given the book a fair shake and decided to retrieve it from my book shelf to look through it again. I was hoping I ...

• had missed something or I would see the book in a different light than I had when I first received it. Unfortunately, I didn’t see the book any differently and my feelings about it remained the same as when I first read through it.

One of the drawbacks to the book is with it’s format.I don’t feel the book has been formatted as well as it could have been as it seems the information could be somewhat difficult for the reader to understand, especially regarding the homeopathic remedy’s and tinctures. The book offers several different remedy’s the reader can choose from for one specific health condition or ailment, however the information needed in order for the reader to feel confidant when choosing which remedy to use, is vague and somewhat difficult to understand.

I have to say it’s not the easiest book to read as it

lacks the proper kind of “flow” so-to-speak. Perhaps for the reader who has some experience or prior knowledge of homeopathic remedy’s and tinctures, beyond just the basics, wouldn’t encounter any difficulties with this. For those who don’t have any prior knowledge or experience with homeopathy and tinctures, I feel the book could be a bit frustrating for them.

On a more positive note, I do feel the book holds quite a bit of good and helpful information about homeopathic remedies involving the use of tinctures. With this said, the book would be a good choice for anyone looking for information or for different remedy’s in this specific area of natural medicine.

In conclusion, this book would be a good choice to those with some level of knowledge in this area. The book is not the best choice for anyone who is just beginning to learn about this subject matter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1712031023410431/k2311a0312/3.12.10