Pussycat Dolls Workout  » Health  »
  • I actually decided to do it since I had enjoyed the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease Workouts and hoped that it would be similar
  • It’s not exactly what I thought it would be, but it’s not half bad either
  • If you are looking for a sassy, fast paced workout, you may be interested in what I found
  • Unfortunately, you don’t get to see the routines and practice them in a way that is easy to follow
  • I mean I love the uniqueness of the whole Dolls concept and all, but at least provide some easy to follow directions for the girls who haven't taken formal dance training

• by Jude244

I am always on the look out for fun new workouts. Maybe I bore easily or I just want a new challenge, but either way it has sparked my interest in a lot of novel methods of exercise. Take for example my latest routine, the Pussycat Dolls Workout; I had only the vaguest notion of what it would entail, since I had never watched the reality show or a live performance.

I actually decided to do it since I had enjoyed the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease Workouts and hoped that it would be similar. It’s not exactly what I thought it would be, but it’s not half bad either. If you are looking for a sassy, fast paced workout, you may be interested in what I found.

So, I picked yesterday to unleash my inner pussycat, what ripple effects that has on the rest of the world remain to be seen. No I guess it wasn’t that bad, but maybe there should have been a warning label on the cover for girls who don’t dance for a living, but want to look like they do.

Personally, I would have appreciated this workout more had there been more direction. It is very fast paced, and even though the routines are performed several times you can still get messed up if there is a move you can’t figure out. Each of the three main routines is built of many multiple moves.

The first routine is the “Don’t Cha” dance and contains the signature dance ...

• moves of the Pussycat Lounge Review set to their hit single. The second routine is a fun Burlesque-style dance that requires a little attitude and a feather boa. The third routine is set to their other hit single “Buttons” and features a performance by the new PCD singer Nicole Scherzinger. There is also a warm up and cool down included which feature hip rolls, and stretching.

Unfortunately, you don’t get to see the routines and practice them in a way that is easy to follow. You sort of just have to jump right in and do it. Had they kept the camera focus on one person throughout an entire move or routine it would have been a lot easier to see exactly how it was supposed to be done.

Instead, the camera moved around to where it was difficult to catch some of the footwork and trust me, it was easy to get frustrated as none of these moves are things you might have picked up in a class or other workout.

I mean I love the uniqueness of the whole Dolls concept and all, but at least provide some easy to follow directions for the girls who haven’t taken formal dance training. A couple of times I just had to stop and watch rather than do it because I struggled with a move. I guess if you are already a dancer this would be really fun to try. But I had really hoped it was going to be at more of a beginner’s level for the rest of us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411031023221231/k2311a0311/3.11.10