Back To Basics Slushie Express  » Housewares  »
  • Since I like my Slushies sweet I use more syrup and less water, the only thing I need to follow is that the amounts are taken into balance and not exceeded

• by Jude244

Alright, as vices go as guess it could be worse. I mean the fact that I can’t go a day without an ice cold Slushie is nothing to lose sleep about right? Well, I just chock it up to living in a very warm climate.

What has been getting to me lately though is the whopping running total of all my late night Slushie runs. Oh boy does it add up, especially if you see it in black and white, on a credit card statement, and at the end of the month. That’s when it finally occurred to me to take matters into my own hands, or cups to be more precise. I recently purchased the Back to Basics Slushie Express so I can put an

end once and for all to my staggering Slushie tab.

The Slushie Express includes the motorized base, a blade base, and a blade lid gasket, a Slushie cup that fits on top of the base, a lid and spoon-straw. With this little wonder, I can make real 16 ounce Slushies at home! All I need is ice, water, and my favorite syrup to enjoy my drink anytime I choose.

Making home made Slushies couldn’t be easier too! All I do is add slushie or snow cone syrup up to the syrup line pre-marked on the Slushie cup, add water up to the liquid line on the cup and then add ice into the cup until it reaches the ice line. Next, I place the blade ...

• base on my Slushie cup and turn it clockwise until it is sealed and tight. Then I put the cup upside down on to the motor base by matching the tabs to the openings on the top. After that I simply press the cup down on the base and turn it clockwise to start the motor running. In about fifteen to twenty seconds the ice becomes finely crushed and appears slushie.

Sometimes a big chunk of ice can get stuck when I first start to make my Slushies. When that occurs, the blades get jammed and it prevents it from spinning. When that happens, I simply turn the cup counter-clockwise to remove it from the motor base, shake the cup a few times and then try

to make it again. Usually shaking it dislodges the ice, and it also helps to use bagged ice as it doesn’t seem to jam it up.

Some important thing to note, the cup has measuring markings however these are guidelines and not absolute. Since I like my Slushies sweet I use more syrup and less water, the only thing I need to follow is that the amounts are taken into balance and not exceeded.

The price of the Back to Basics Slushie Express is less than what I usually spend on a months worth of Slushies, plus I don’t even have to jump in a car to get one. I also now have more flavor selections than ever before and can have them as often as I like.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311031023211231/k2311a0311/3.11.10