Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster by Nostalgia Electrics  » Housewares  »
  • Now, when I need to fix the kids a quick snack after school or am too tired to cook after work I know I can always have something ready in minutes
  • I found it best to use both the hotdogs and their buns at room temperature before placing them in the toaster

• by Jude244

I am such a sucker for novelty kitchen gadgets; I’m going to need a bigger house soon. My latest find is a specialty hotdog maker by Nostalgia Electrics Vintage Collection. In case you are unfamiliar with the appliance it is actually a white pop-up toaster that cooks two full sized hotdogs and two hot dog buns simultaneously.

The Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster is an absolute must have for any hot dog lover in your home. I love it because it is so simple to use! All I have to do is take two thawed regular sized hot dogs and place them standing on their end inside the middle toaster slots. Then I simply put two hotdog buns standing up and open in the slots on either end

of the machine, select how well I want the hotdogs to be cooked, and then pull down the lever. That’s it, when the toasting is completed the baskets will automatically pop up.

If for some reason I want to shorten the cooking time I simply turn the heat control knob or press the stop button to halt cooking entirely. That’s all there is to it. The Hot dogs cook perfectly and according to personal preference.

Now, when I need to fix the kids a quick snack after school or am too tired to cook after work I know I can always have something ready in minutes. Plus the kids love the idea of a hotdog toaster and will even ask for it when I ...

• wasn’t planning on using it. It’s even more fun when they have friends over and want to make them their own special pop up hot dog!

It is also very easy to clean! After the pop-up toaster has cooled down I simply unplug the toaster, remove and empty the crumb tray and then remove and clean the basket. The outer surface of the toaster can be cleaned with a damp rag.

Some very important things to note though, the hot dogs must be fully thawed and never frozen before being placed in the pop-up toaster. I found it best to use both the hotdogs and their buns at room temperature before placing them in the toaster. Also, they must be regular sized and not

extra large hot dogs or they can get stuck and jammed into the basket.

The hotdog toaster should never be used unless there is at least one hotdog and one bun in the toaster at the time. Never use any utensils to remove the hotdogs and buns from the toaster except the ones provided with the appliance. Finally, the crumb tray must be cleaned regularly and put back in the toaster before it can be used.

My family just loves our Nostalgia Electric Pop-Up Toaster. We can all have perfectly cooked hotdogs in minutes using an appliance as simple as a toaster. Now when ever I need a quick meal or have neighborhood kids over for play dates, I simply pull out the handy pop-up toaster.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311031023191231/k2311a0311/3.11.10