Finishing Touch Lighted Hair Remover  » Cosmetics  »
  • Removing facial hair is not a subject many of us wish to actually speak of, even though many of us have to deal with this issue in some respect
  • This worked okay, but I had to spend some time at it, and you definitely need to make a few attempts
  • The blades are very small, and the top of the pen pivots, which I found extremely helpful
  • I also didn’t experience pain at all, however on some of the areas that I had to continually go over again and again, there was a bit of irritation

• by Jessie Bahrey

Removing facial hair is not a subject many of us wish to actually speak of, even though many of us have to deal with this issue in some respect. I am lucky enough not to be hairy enough to require highly expensive, salon procedures; however, I have some occasional need to remove a few stray hairs. I am a plucker, which is time-consuming and painful, but I am too scared to try any other products. Or at least, I was too scared, until my last trip to a US Walmart for cosmetics and toiletries.

I was with my friend who is all about the latest gadgets and technology, especially when it comes to makeup and cosmetics. We were in the hair removal area, with many creams and

lotions and gadgets, and she saw a package with an item called Finishing Touch Lighted Hair Remover, and held it up excitedly. She said she was waiting for this new product for some time, as it only recently, according to her, was made with a light to make the whole process easier. She said that she knew it was completely painless, as opposed to plucking unwanted hair out, so she convinced me. What convinced me most was that it was only $9.99, and I read on the packaging that it was also hypoallergenic, which I need for my sensitive skin.

The next day, I took out my new contraption to try it out. First of all, it is small and easy to hold, being about the ...

• size of a felt pen. Fortunately, I had a spare Triple A battery on hand, because this didn’t come in the package. There is a directions for use brochure included, which I read first. It said to trim in the direction of the hair growth. This worked okay, but I had to spend some time at it, and you definitely need to make a few attempts. The blades are very small, and the top of the pen pivots, which I found extremely helpful. I found that it worked well on very fine hair, but with thicker hair, it took a long time to get rid of all of it. I also didn’t experience pain at all, however on some of the areas that I had to
        continually go over again and again, there was a bit of irritation. The light was helpful, to show up some lighter hair. I found that it also worked on the bikini line, but it was time-consuming. The battery ran out in what seemed like a very short amount of time, and I would advise taking the top off to clean frequently.

Overall, for the price, Finishing Touch Lighted Hair Remover is a decent deal. I would say that you will have to be patient, as it doesn’t work on thick hairs very efficiently, so you do have to take some time at it. It is best on very thin hair, but it does work. It is just not quite the quick, miracle device that it is claimed to be.

Finishing Touch Lighted Hair Remover

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111031023181231/k2311a0311/3.11.10