Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Silk  » Cosmetics  »
  • I only need a tiny bit of this on my brush to get that nice glow on my cheekbones, so I know that this is going to last me a really long time
  • Unfortunately, I find that one thing always tends to happen with baked products, and that is the fact that the product always seems to fall out
  • It doesn't last all day, but I think that's the same with most powder highlighters
  • That's a bit inconvenient because I don't like to carry powder highlighters around because first, it's kind of big to carry, and second, I'm afraid it's going to break in my bag because I have a lot of things and I'm not too gentle with my purse
  • You could definitely find a better high end highlighter for the same or cheaper price, and I would even say there are a lot of drugstore highlighters that could give this a run for its money

• by Kelairyy

I actually won this Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Silk in a contest, so I was super excited to recieve this in the mail! I got this about a week and a half ago, and I’ve been using this every day since then as a highlight on my cheekbones. I am in love with highlights because I feel like it really makes my face glow even if I’m having a bad day, and it is really easy to apply. Just a quick swipe on my cheekbones and I’m good to go. I actually like highlights more than blush sometimes, because I have pretty rosy cheeks because my face is always hot, so I don’t really need blush all the time, and I’m naturally pretty tan, so I don’t use bronzer that often.

The Stila Illuminating Finishing Powders are baked which means that they should be better on most peoples’ skin and not break people out as much. This hasn’t broken me out so far and I have acne prone skin, so that’s a good thing obviously. These are in a dome shape, so it is kind of taller on the top which is good because that means there is more product. I only need a tiny bit of this

on my brush to get that nice glow on my cheekbones, so I know that this is going to last me a really long time! Unfortunately, I find that one thing always tends to happen with baked products, and that is the fact that the product always seems to fall out. Not as in the powder spilling everywhere but the fact that the actual dome comes out and I can hold it in my hand, because the glue that was holding the product onto the container wasn’t good enough I guess. I got this in the mail, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I’m not really sure because I have had baked eyeshadow that had come out as well. This is really annoying because the cap is kind of hard to take off, so I’m always afraid my fingers are going to slip and have the cap crush the powder or something. Also, whenever I hold the container, I have to be careful not to turn it upside down or something to look at the information (ounces it contains, the color, name, etc) without the lid on because then the powder would drop and possibly crack into many pieces.

The color is a really nice pinky ...

• champagne color with quite a lot of shimmer. I really like this because it is not pure white or champagne because that might look a little unnatural on my skin color. This has a pinky undertone, so it does look really natural on my skin and makes it glow. Unfortunately, this isn’t very pigmented. I tried swatching this on my hand and the one layer of this on my hand only shows a tiny bit of the color and mostly shows shimmer. This isn’t very good when applying because I have to apply more than one layer if I want a very obvious glow (less if I just want to keep it simple and low key), but I have to be careful with how much I apply otherwise there’d be too much shimmery stuff on my face.

I find that this has decent lasting power. It doesn’t last all day, but I think that’s the same with most powder highlighters. It only lasts a few hours I think, maybe three at the most, so I have to carry this around if I want to have that glow all day long. That’s a bit inconvenient because I don’t like to carry powder highlighters around because first, it’s kind of big to

carry, and second, I’m afraid it’s going to break in my bag because I have a lot of things and I’m not too gentle with my purse. Also, with a powder, I would have to bring a makeup brush and find some place to store the brush without ruining it. I wear this every day because I really like the color, but I think that this would be better if you were just going out to the mall or somewhere else for only a few hours and can freshen up your makeup when you get back home.

Overall, I like this product because I really like the color it gives on my cheeks, and I don’t really have that many other highlighters that are powder, so I have used this every day. However, I’m on the search for a better powder highlighter and will probably not repurchase this. I got this for free though, so I’m not complaining. This is really expensive full price though at $32 I believe, and for the quality, I wouldn’t recommend this. You could definitely find a better high end highlighter for the same or cheaper price, and I would even say there are a lot of drugstore highlighters that could give this a run for its money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111031022871131/k2311a0311/3.11.10