Almay Intense I-Color Eyeliner Crayon in Raisin Quartz  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think green just looks horrible on me overall, whether it's eyeshadow or eyeliner, and blue is a little TOO much, although I still like it for those special occasions
  • I decided to try the Almay Intense I-Color Eyeliner Crayon which is an eyeliner that you roll up to get the product and don't have to sharpen which is very convenient
  • I like this because the eyeliner draws attention to my eyes instead of the color, which is good
  • I own two Urban Decay eyeliners, and I know everyone raves about them and how they're so soft and creamy and easy to apply
  • It applies very nicely and for the price, which is only around $5, I would definitely repurchase because it is definitely affordable

• by Kelairyy

I really like colored eyeliner because I feel like it can make an every day look pop and be a little more fun and exciting without being over the top. I especially love these kind of looks for the spring, and my favorite colored eyeliner would have to be purple. I think green just looks horrible on me overall, whether it’s eyeshadow or eyeliner, and blue is a little TOO much, although I still like it for those special occasions. Purple seems just right because depending on the shade of purple, it could be pretty natural looking and close to black, which is the standard eyeliner color it seems, but still give a pop of color. Also, my eyes are brown, so purple naturally brings them out and makes them seem brighter than the normal dull color that they are. I decided to try the Almay Intense I-Color Eyeliner Crayon which is an eyeliner that you roll up to get the product and don’t have to sharpen which is very convenient. Almay products seem to have a lot of colors specifically for an eye color, but I don’t really follow that so I just grabbed a purple eyeliner that I liked. Raisin Quartz is a plum color that looks really natural and when on my eyes, it kind of looks brown with just a

tint of purple.

I really like the color because it is really natural for school or work. It is great for a professional setting where you want to look well done and finished, but you don’t want to look unprepared or unprofessional by wearing bold makeup. Raisin Quartz makes my brown eyes stand out and this eyeliner really makes my eyes look bigger. I like this because the eyeliner draws attention to my eyes instead of the color, which is good. Sometimes I feel like when I wear bright eyeliner that is too bold, everyone is staring/paying attention at the actual eyeliner instead of me. This eyeliner is perfect if you want a pop of color but don’t want it to be too dramatic.

One thing I really like is how easy it applies. I own two Urban Decay eyeliners, and I know everyone raves about them and how they’re so soft and creamy and easy to apply. Well, I actually don’t really like the fact that they are so creamy because I feel like if I accidently press down too hard, I’ll get a load of thick eyeliner all over my eye. I like soft, blended out eyeliner, so I really like the consistency of this eyeliner. It’s definitely not as soft as the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, so I guess that’s a ...

• good thing or bad thing depending on how you look at it. I think it’s a good thing because I can put the perfect amount of eyeliner on and smoke it out a bit, so it doesn’t apply too harshly or dark. This doesn’t tug on my eyes, so even though it’s not as creamy, it still applies really easily which I like.

Unfortunately, I don’t like the fact that this doesn’t really last all day. It is easy to smudge which is nice because most of the time I like soft eyeliner, so I like to smudge my eyeliner a bit. However, this only lasts a few hours before fading, so on a good day, I’ll still have a decent amount of eyeliner at the end of the day, but on bad days, the eyeliner might have almost completely faded. I definitely have to carry this around in a makeup bag or something so I can reapply. Luckily, it’s just an eyeliner, so it is very easy to carry around in a purse, pencil bag, or even a pocket. Also, since this is not in a wooden pencil kind of thing, it is easier for travel because it would not break on accident in a purse or something. This is in a plastic tube kind of thing that resembles a pencil but is

not. Since you don’t have to sharpen it, it’s in plastic which makes the eyeliner more sturdy and wouldn’t break the pencil. Another good thing about this eyeliner is like most of the eyeliners that you scroll up and down, this contains a sharpener at the end of the eyeliner that you can use to make the point more sharp if you don’t like a dull pencil.

Another bad thing about this eyeliner is the fact that it is a scrolly eyeliner, but the eyeliner somethimes doesn’t scroll very well. My current eyeliner is a little too thin for the tube I think, because sometimes I’ll scroll it up to get to the product, but it will fall back in because it isn’t held in place very well. Also, I have too much of the eyeliner out and want to scroll some back in the tube, sometimes it doesn’t scroll very well so I have to gently use my finger to push the eyeliner back in.

Mostly I really love this eyeliner just because I love the color and the fact that it is a different color that isn’t as generic and boring as black eyeliner, but it is still natural enough to wear every day. It applies very nicely and for the price, which is only around $5, I would definitely repurchase because it is definitely affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111031022861131/k2311a0311/3.11.10