Ironbeer  » Food  »
  • Of all of the people I've met who I've shared an Ironbeer with, none have been disappointed
  • It continues on the tradition by not changing its recipe, and is definitely good enough to drink at any time

• by Encore Erik

Well, I was introduced to Iron Beer a few monthes ago by a friend, and I felt it was good enough to make me write a review.

At first glance, the can looks a little like a Doctor Pepper can with the deep

red color, but has a distinct, yellow, bodybuilder on the front. The can itself tells you the story of Ironbeer and how it was created over 80 years ago in Havana, Cuba, and how the recipe hasn’t changed since.

It is a carbonated beverage that (To me) tastes like a bubble-gum rootbeer. Others describe it as a fruity Dr. Pepper, but everyone has their own tastes. Of all of the people I’ve met who I’ve shared an Ironbeer with, none have been disappointed. The soda ...

• Ironbeer
      is both refreshing and 100% caffeine free, which is made up for by the whopping 47 grams of sugar.

Overall, it’s a great drink that has its native ties in Cuba, and since has moved to South Florida. It continues on the tradition

by not changing its recipe, and is definitely good enough to drink at any time. It perfectly compliments almost any food, just like Coke or Sprite.

8/10 for me, the only negative marks being its limited availability in the United States and its high sugar content.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711031022781131/k2311a0311/3.11.10