Philips GoGear SA1942 4 GB MP3 player  » Electronics  »
  • I think the Philips GoGear SA1942 4GB is a very good alternative to other popular MP3 players like the Apple iPod
  • Since I have a series of MP3 players, I believe I am in a position to review this item from a position of experience
  • I was especially impressed with the sound options I mentioned above

• by Mikeb

I think the Philips GoGear SA1942 4GB is a very good alternative to other popular MP3 players like the Apple iPod. Since I have a series of MP3 players, I believe I am in a position to review this item from a position of experience.

The default sound for this device is very good. There are many possibilities for changing the characteristics

of the sound equalization. We can choose from a number of equalizers on this model, such as rock or jazz, or we can submit our own custom one.

Ease of Use:

The functionality of the device options screen, is simple, easy to understand and follow. However, the interface button is just a tiny bit too small and I often accidentally press 2 ...

• keys at the same time or the wrong button entirely.

Look and design:

Good for the money you pay for the device. The design is elegant and very easy on the eyes. Backlighting is a must have feature nowdays and it makes the screen more readable.

Range of Features:

Again even for the money, very good. I was especially impressed with the sound options

I mentioned above. The battery is recharged via the USB port which is extremely practical. I remember once before having a MP3 player which worked with one AAA battery, which ended up being so much more expensive in a long run.

Value money:

Excellent value for money. I’ve been using this product for over 5 months and everything has been working flawlessly.

Would definitly recommend

gertjan gelderman says :

Hello, i’m also very excited with this mp3 player, however i accidentally deleted the firmware. Philips isn’t known for it’s good customer-support, and said they don’t have the firmware anymore. Could you please email me the firmware?

gertjan

Jules Li says :

Here’s a link to Philip’s website to download the firmware:

Galega says :

Firmware is available online. You can download and install it on your MP3 player. Now, it is not going to be an easy affair. Installing a firmware on MP3 player is not easy for a non technical person. I am giving a short description and hopefully it will help you:
    Install the latest Firmware program on your PC. Connect to the USB port on your PC using the USB cable or adapter while holding the play button on the main body. If you press the Play button more than 5 seconds, the “Player Recovery Device” message is displayed on Device Manager. Run the upgrade program.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1611031022731131/k2311a0311/3.11.10