National Tire & Battery  » Cars  »
1.5
8002 Research Blvd, Austin, Tx
  • It took approximately 45 minutes, and they told me my van was ready, and that they couldn't align the rear tires properly, however that they were close to the alignment they should be, and it shouldn't be an issue
  • Driving down the road, I noticed the van was still vibrating just as badly as it was before
  • I purchased the tires, and yes that did fix the problem
  • I paid and decided to look beneath the hood
  • Unless you don't mind being overcharged for work that is not done according to the agreement, I can not in good faith recommend this company

• by Texaslady

I went to National Tire & battery on 8002 Research Blvd. in Austin, Texas after experiencing problems with steering and vibration with my van. They told me I needed an alignment. Being afraid to drive the van with the vibration and steering issues, I agreed.

It took approximately 45 minutes, and they told me my van was ready, and that they couldn’t align the rear tires properly, however that they were close to the alignment they should be, and it shouldn’t be an issue.

They charged me $79.00 plus tax, and I was on my way.

Driving down the road, I noticed the van was still vibrating just as badly as it was before. I returned to National tire and battery, and they advised that I needed new tires, because one of them had a ball on the side that was causing the vibration and it was going to separate. I purchased the tires, and yes that did fix the problem. I was a little upset that they didn’t tell me this the first time, instead of selling me an alignment, that I am not even sure I needed in the first place.

A few weeks later, I noticed a noise coming from underneath my hood that was very disturbing. Out of desperation, since I was working a contract job close to this location, I once again took my van to National Tire & Battery on 8002 Braker lane. They advised I needed a new water pump and tension pully to ...

• National Tire & Battery
      the tune of $450.00. Not knowing what else to do, I agreed. A few hours later, my van was ready for pick up. I paid and decided to look beneath the hood. I did not get a new water pump. They charged me for a new water pump, however they only replaced the inside of the water pump, and didn’t replace the gasket, which was part of the water pump replacement, yet they charged me full price. The water pump gasket
      continued to leak, and I ended up having another mechanic replace it like it should have been done in the first place.

I can not see myself doing business with National Tire & Battery at 8002 Research Blvd. again. I was very disappointed with this company twice due to overcharging, and not doing the job in which they were hired to do.

Unless you don’t mind being overcharged for work that is not done according to the agreement, I can not in good faith recommend this company.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 911031022721131/k2311a0311/3.11.10