Bare Escentuals I.D. Mineral Veil
  • The main problem with foundations and my skin is that I break out after use
  • I like to carry Mineral Veil with me for minor touch-ups during the day
  • I was so impressed with the Mineral Veil that I went back and purchased the Bare Escentuals foundation to use together
  • But for the product sake, it’s one the best I’ve used

• by sangwon

The main problem with foundations and my skin is that I break out after use. My social life pattern depends on my skin condition: I wear foundation for three to five days, then I break out and spend the next two days treating it acne products, then it starts all over again. I’ve had satisfactory results with mineral foundation before; I’ve tried Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear and liked the results. But I wanted to find out if there were a different mineral product that produced better results. I had heard good things about Care Escentuals I.D. Mineral Veil, and despite the fact that it costs twice as much as the Physician’s Formula product, I purchased it.

The idea

is to put the Bare Escentuals Foundation powder first, and then brush the Mineral Veil on over the foundation. I generally don’t like layering on makeup and prefer to wear one succinct coat. When I brushed on the Mineral Veil, I was instantly amazed at how well my pores seemed smaller. The powder seemed to disappear into my skin to produce a more even skin tone. It wasn’t very effective for the blotchy areas of my skin because the coverage was so sheer. So for those areas, I had to put on a concealer foundation before brushing on the Mineral Veil. I was extremely pleased at how natural my skin looked – it didn’t look ...

• or feel like I was wearing any makeup at all. It was like airbrushing without the pneumatic brush. The application was so easy, too; it doesn’t require much technique because the powder manages to cover my skin uniformly. My skin actually had a natural glow, and it felt so soft. I felt like a celebrity! I don’t have wrinkles just yet so I don’t know how it would perform on that aspect.

More importantly, there were little to no skin breakouts after using this product. I like to carry Mineral Veil with me for minor touch-ups during the day. I get a little greasy on my forehead and nose, and this product does wonders for

the shiny areas with a small application. On some days, I don’t even need to re-touch. I was so impressed with the Mineral Veil that I went back and purchased the Bare Escentuals foundation to use together.

Overall, I was very happy with the product and the results. The only problem is that it’s kind of expensive so I can’t afford to use it every day. But it’s so hard to restrain myself because the other foundation products don’t even begin to match up to this one. I’m so pleased with this product that I kind of don’t want to share my flawless skin secret with anyone. But for the product sake, it’s one the best I’ve used.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111031022481031/k2311a0311/3.11.10