Burt’s Bees Hand Salve Tub  » Cosmetics  »
  • Despite the small size of the product in relation to the price, I decided to try it
  • It definitely was for daytime use because I couldn’t do anything that involved my hands after the application
  • That’s when I started becoming impressed with the product
  • What’s amazing is that my skin felt moisturized all day
  • Overall, I would recommend it for people who have intensive dry hands

• by sangwon

Before I moved to Missouri from California, I had never encountered really cold weather. Aside from enjoying the sight of falling snow, I was surprised by the effect it had on my hands. My skin got so dry that it actually started splitting and cracking. I started becoming self-conscious of my hands and started searching for intensive moisturizing lotions. Some didn’t work and most left my hand feeling more greasy than moisturized. I came across Burt’s Bees Hand Salve upon recommendation. Despite the small size of the product in relation to the price, I decided to try it.

When I first tried it on my hands, I was displeased with the smell; the scent was too heavy and organic.

It also left my hands feeling overly greasy – my skin didn’t absorb it very well. It definitely was for daytime use because I couldn’t do anything that involved my hands after the application. So I tried it at nighttime before going to bed. That’s when I started becoming impressed with the product. Aside from leaving scent stains on my pillow and sheets, my hands felt noticeably smoother and softer the next morning. The skin felt baby-soft, like they had been given a paraffin wax treatment. The scent was still there but since most of it had dissipated during the night, I didn’t mind it so much.

What’s amazing is that my skin felt moisturized ...

• all day. I don’t know how Burt’s Bees does it but somehow it made my skin retain its moisture for most of the day. However, I did notice that my hands started to get a little dry the more I washed my hands. For that, I just put on my regular lotion to protect my skin. The more I used the Hand Salve at night, the better my skin felt in the morning and all the next day. Sometimes, I don’t need to moisturize during the day at all. After finishing the product, the skin on my hands has stopped splitting and feels softer than my face.

Even though I’m perfectly satisfied with the effectiveness of this product, I

am a little unhappy with the price. For a small jar, it cost about ten dollars. If I use it every night, the salve only lasts for about a week and half. I can’t afford to buy it that often so I’ve reduced my nighttime salve ritual to every other night. If you’re interested in trying this product (and I do highly recommend it), I would also recommend invested in nighttime gloves to wear after putting on the product. This enhances the moisturizing process and protects your sheets from smelling like the salve. Overall, I would recommend it for people who have intensive dry hands. This salve has only one purpose and it does an excellent job of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111031022471031/k2311a0311/3.11.10