Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Concealer SPF 15  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was happy that it didn’t feel or look cakey, even after wearing it all day
  • One negative thing I noticed is that my T-zone got more greasy than normal
  • So I would still purchase it, as I recommend for you to as well, but use it sparingly

• by sangwon

Due to my skin problems, I need to invest in a dependable concealer. I have skin blemishes up the wazoo – large pores, uneven tone, break-outs, blotchiness, dryness, greasiness… the list is never-ending. Naturally, I want to cover up all these problems before facing the outside world. I need a good concealer for patchy red areas before putting on a layer of makeup because those areas need extra coverage that a layer of foundation can’t provide. Also, it’s important for the concealer to blend in well with my foundation and my natural complexion. I had heard about the Estee Lauder Stay in Place Concealer through a girlfriend who’s had eczema for years. She

raved about how well the concealer work at hiding her blemishes and evening out her skin tone.

I was surprised at how well it worked. I just put it on my blotchy areas, mostly around my upper cheek under my eyes, or dark areas, like the sides of my nose. It really minimized the uneven color and the blemishes. I also put it to minimize the size of the pores on my nose. After that, all I needed to do was to put on some loose powder or a light layer of liquid foundation. I was happy that it didn’t feel or look cakey, even after wearing it all day. The concealing quality of ...

• the product didn’t change much either – the coverage appeared to be the same as when I put it on. It blended in well with my natural skin tone to provide even coverage that didn’t look or feel heavy. I don’t know about the efficiency of UV protection because I rely on another product for that. I really don’t see the purpose for put SPF in this product anyway, since most women don’t use concealer all over their face.

One negative thing I noticed is that my T-zone got more greasy than normal. I’m not sure if it’s due to the concealer or just my skin reacting to the makeup but my forehead and nose had

a heavy shine. I didn’t want to apply more powder to cover up the shine – that would make my skin feel heavy. So I had to blot out the shine and retouch my makeup.

Good makeup costs money and that’s the case here. This Estee Lauder Concealer costs about 23 dollars for a tube. But if you use it judiciously, I find that it last a decent amount of time. Also, I would pay whatever money it takes to get flawless-looking skin – what woman wouldn’t? But responsibility compels me to make judicious use of my money. So I would still purchase it, as I recommend for you to as well, but use it sparingly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111031022461031/k2311a0311/3.11.10