Rimmel Colour rush mono eyeshadow  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • However, I was disappointed to find that the purple top layer disappeared really quickly
  • There a few eyeshadows that last much longer than a few hours in my experience
  • None-the-less, even though you can improve the eyeshadow's staying power, I don’t really recommend their Colour rush mono range of eyeshadows

• by 1974haze

I have two shades of Rimmel colour rush mono eyeshadow – ‘Tempted’ (which is a mid blue colour) and ‘Glitzed’ (which is a silver). They are listed on the Rimmel website as part of their Special Effects range. A further 5 shades can be purchased from this range. The colours are fab, that’s why a bought them. I have weakness for make-up and eyeshadow is up there as my most desired makeup items. The main reason I chose to buy Rimmel, the well-known high-street

brand rather than a more high-end makeup was to save money. Rimmel is quite inexpensive. A definite advantage.

The mono eyeshadow in the shade of ‘Tempted’ looked particularly attractive because there was a top layer of sparkely purple and a mid blue underneath. It really stood out. However, I was disappointed to find that the purple top layer disappeared really quickly. Just one or two uses and it was gone. The silver shade, which Rimmel calls glitzed had similar issues, it ...

• was much more sparkley on top than underneath. Furthermore, according to the Rimmel website, it suggested that the eyeshadow lasts for up to 8 hours. This, sadly, is not the case. There a few eyeshadows that last much longer than a few hours in my experience. The Rimmel colour rush mono eyeshadow begins to fade after about an hour.

On the plus side, I do like the colours. However, they really need more sparkle!

With this brand (and probably most other eyeshadows) an improved look

can be created on the eye by moistening the eyeshadow applicator before applying the eyeshadow. This does encourage the eyeshadow to stay on for longer. However, make sure you blend well on the eye, otherwise you will end up looking like a glam rocker!

None-the-less, even though you can improve the eyeshadow’s staying power, I don’t really recommend their Colour rush mono range of eyeshadows. I have given a rating of 5 because the colours are nice, otherwise it would have been a 4. Sorry Rimmel!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111031022361031/k2311a0311/3.11.10