Dodge Intrepid
0.5
  • If you have one, I'm thoroughly surprised, but I suggest you sell it A
  • I am extremely disappointed in this car, and more so in Dodge for making such a horrible car

• by Ash Marie

We got our 2000 Dodge Intrepid from a dealer, used but in great condition. (It was missing a hook for the sun visor on the driver’s side, but everything else was good.) The car was around $5,000. The interior was gray fabric, exterior was white. For such a new car, the price was great. We researched the car, and no one seemed to have any problems with it, at the time of purchase. Everything about the car was perfect for a few years. The car was a boat, like an old school Buick, but it was an incredibly comfortable drive, power locks and windows, extremely roomy, trunk was huge. This was an incredible car for about

four years.

The car stopped working. We talked to a guy who said it was a part malfunctioning. (I can’t recall what specifically, this was many years ago.) Well, we went on a search for this magical part, only to find that it was impossible to locate. No one sold it, no junkyards had working ones because they all quit working. Everyone has the same complaint. (We tried to find a solution online, and everybody had the same story: Thick, nasty oil, even after changing it, mechanic says get rid of it, and so on.) Some of the mechanics we called actually laughed because they had heard the same old story so many times before. The used ...

• car dealership wouldn’t have anything to do with us. Dodge wouldn’t comment on the problem. Then we were told, as the problems continued to pile up, that the entire engine would have to be replaced. That was more money than I was willing to invest.

I’m sorry that I ever invested in this car. It wasn’t even six years old and now it’s a piece of junk. It sat outside in the drive way for literally years. No one wanted to buy it because they knew it was impossible to fix. We couldn’t even sell it for parts for a long time simply because no one had a model that needed parts.

I have never had

a worse car. I’ve never even heard of anyone having one that lasted for more than ten years, including mechanics. This thing eats parts and money like no one’s business. You can exchange every part of this monster and it would still gobble them up. It’s a complete waste of cash. Avoid this car. If you have one, I’m thoroughly surprised, but I suggest you sell it A.S.A.P.

I am extremely disappointed in this car, and more so in Dodge for making such a horrible car. I have a 1992 Saturn and it’s in better condition, even with the ground. I will never buy another Dodge. They’re completely unreliable. This is the worst car I’ve ever owned!

Dodge Intrepid

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 910031022280431/k2311a0310/3.10.10