Makati Mayor Jeojomar Binay, Candidate for Vice President , 2010 Philippine National Election  » Local news  »
1.5
  • Binay has definitely led the Makati into progressive city that it is today
  • I believe the people of Makati have resolved to vote and vote for him and anyone from his family in their desire to keep the Binay regime
  • I envy the citizen of Makati City because they have yellow card that entitles them to free medical care in one of the best hospitals in the Philippines, The Makati Medical Center
  • If I have my way, I would transfer to Makati if only to get the same benefit, however, I think it would not be possible
  • In my opinion, Binay did not mind the menace of those squatting families not because he could not afford seeing them losing their houses but because he could not afford losing voters

• by ladyli

For long years, I’ve been working Makati City and through it all I’ve been observing how this place prospered. Indeed, as I’ve observed the mayor of the city, Jeojomar Binay has been an effective leader. He was able to bring Makati into its prosperous stage as it is now. I’ve seen how buildings have risen to the highest level in all of its commercial areas like, Ayala, Gil Puyat and Greenbelt. Binay has definitely led the Makati into progressive city that it is today.

I’ve seen Makati before Jeojomar Binay and I would say it was never like when Binay took over. Binay took power in 1986 and since then have been winning the election so that he stayed in power alternating with his wife. I would not wonder why. I believe the people of Makati have resolved to vote and vote for him and anyone from his family in their desire to keep

the Binay regime.

Well I could not blame them. In fact I envy them. I envy the citizen of Makati City because they have yellow card that entitles them to free medical care in one of the best hospitals in the Philippines, The Makati Medical Center. This hospital is one of the most expensive in the country but the citizens of Makati could avail of its services for free.

Aside from this the citizens of Makati can avail of free supply of vitamins regularly. If I have my way, I would transfer to Makati if only to get the same benefit, however, I think it would not be possible. However, Makati City to me is not a perfect place so to speak despite the progress and the benefits given to its citizen. Well it is not a safe place still.

The snatching and hold-up is also rampant. In fact I was victimized by a snatcher along Gil ...

• Puyat Avenue corner Mayapis Street some few years ago. Aside from this, I’ve been so annoyed by the bad traffic condition that has not been resolved in key intersections like those in Gil Puyat and South Super Highway and Gil Puyat and Taft Avenue. I believe Binay has not been as good as Gordon and Bayani in terms of keeping his locality orderly and clean.

Besides I also find Binay too be so tolerant of squatting. For many years he tolerated the squatters along the railways because those people have supported him all throughout. In my opinion, Binay did not mind the menace of those squatting families not because he could not afford seeing them losing their houses but because he could not afford losing voters. He closed his eyes to the fact that many of them are professional squatters because anyway he is benefiting from their support every election day.

Of course

as I’ve learned they were all solid for Binay. Binay did not mind if the areas along the railways is a sore to everyone eyes because to the squatters because their votes count a lot. But I am glad that it took one Bayani Fernando to remove all the unpleasant sight along the railways. I hope Binay could see by now the difference of leaving the areas near the railways free and pleasant.

Now Binay would want to run for Vice-President of this country. Would he make a good Vice-President? I believe he would not be bad Vice-President but I am not voting for him because he could not institute discipline if it will not serve him well. I believe there is one better choice from among the hopefuls so I would rather vote for that man instead of Binay who has been pretending to be pro-poor but the fact is he have been using the poor a lot for his own benefit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3610031021770431/k2311a0310/3.10.10