Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer  » Cosmetics  »
  • Also, due to my late nights (I am definitely a night owl), I have bad undereye circles that I need to cover up
  • I didn't have the time or money to go to MAC to get a different shade concealer, so I decided to make due with a drugstore concealer
  • There were a few I found at my Wal-mart but a lot of them were quite pricey for a drugstore concealer, so I just got one of the cheaper ones, the Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer
  • I thought it was worth a try, so I bought it for around $6 at Wal-mart which is a decent price for a concealer
  • Overall, I think this concealer is decent for the price I paid but it's definitely not amazing or something I'm loving

• by Kelairyy

I have acne prone skin which means I get a lot of breakouts around my forehead around and occasionally on my cheeks, which obviously isn’t very attractive. Plus, when I was younger and didn’t really know the meaning of self control, I used to pick my pimples which was disgusting and led to lots of acne scars and overall bad skin. Also, due to my late nights (I am definitely a night owl), I have bad undereye circles that I need to cover up. Up till the winter, I had been using the MAC select cover-up concealer, but that was in my summer shade, and I had gradually gotten paler to the point that if I continued to use that other concealer, I would look like I had applied random spots of orange to my face. Definitely not helping the problems. I didn’t have the time or money to go to MAC to get a different shade concealer, so I decided to make due with a drugstore concealer. There were a few I found at my Wal-mart but a lot of them were quite pricey for a drugstore concealer, so I just got one of the cheaper ones, the Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer. I had actually gotten this concealer when I was first starting off with makeup, but I had gotten the wrong shade and also eventually

lost it. I thought it was worth a try, so I bought it for around $6 at Wal-mart which is a decent price for a concealer. The size seems pretty comparable to a MAC lipglass if that helps anyone.

This is a liquid concealer that is shaped like a lipgloss tube, and it has a doe foot applicator that you use to apply the concealer to your skin. I like the liquid consistency because I feel like it helps moisturize my skin a little and doesn’t really show dry patches as much as a thicker concealer. Occasionally, if my undereye area is really dry, applying this concealer will make it look worse and really flaky, so I usually don’t apply concealer when my skin is dry. I like to use this on my undereye circles mainly because I don’t feel like they need TOO much coverage, and too much coverage would just make my undereye area look cakey and dry. Very obvious and not a very attractive look. However, I think this does a poor job at covering up pimples because it is so thin that the concealer just kind of blends into nothing when I put this over a blemish. I would prefer a thicker concealer to cover up skin problems and this concealer to use as an undereye cover-up.

There is no scent which is ...

• good because I don’t like added ingredients that could potentially break me out. Luckily this concealer did not break me out. Also, I like the container because it is really easy to carry around in a makeup bag, a purse, a pocket, or even in a pencil pouch. This is really easy to bring around throughout the day to touch up on my makeup. Unfortunately, I find that I really do have to carry this around all day, because this doesn’t last a very long time. My skin is combination so my face is oily around the t-zone area (forehead and nose area), and if I am using this to cover up acne or acne scars on my forehead, it usually wears off within maybe three hours, which is really not a long time at all, so that’s a bit upsetting. And even for areas that don’t get oily like my undereye area which are usually a bit dry, this wears off really quickly as well. It’s not really long-lasting.

Another thing I don’t like about this is the fact that there really aren’t many different shades to choose from. I have a yellow undertone and all the concealers that were at my Wal-mart (I’m not sure if they carried all of them or not) were warm shades instead of cool shades to better match my skin.

Also, there were really not a lot of ranges in the color. The one I got was in Beige which was the second to darkest concealer, and I am definitely not very dark. I’m a bit tan, but I’m not one of those dark-colored ladies, who might have trouble finding a shade to match them if they wanted to try this concealer. Also, another thing I didn’t like is the fact that this is pretty messy. Like a lipgloss, some of the product in the tube gets all over the applicator and even the area around the opening of the tube, so whenever I open it, there is a ton of concealer just piled up around the opening. It looks really disgusting and I’m worried about the sanitation, but I also don’t want to waste product because there’s quite a lot there.

Overall, I think this concealer is decent for the price I paid but it’s definitely not amazing or something I’m loving. It does its job fairly well, so I’m just going to use this tube up, but after that, I’m switching to another concealer. For people on a budget, you might want to try it out, but if you can afford to go a little better quality, I would. You’re really paying for the quality with this concealer, but I can’t really complain too much since it was only $6.

Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110031021710331/k2311a0310/3.10.10