TIMEX Ironman Triathlon Digital Mens Watch (Model T5H971)
  • It will cost us Php12000 at the very least
  • He doesn’t have a problem switching wristwatches to match his attire
  • I’m recommending this watch only if you consider yourself an amateur runner

• by Collette

My beau and I are budding runners and one running gadget we really like to have is a sports watch that could measure the distance we run, measure our heart rates, and time our runs. Such types of gadgets are really expensive. It will cost us Php12000 at the very least. So we decided to get a watch that could at least time our runs so we could track our progress. While he gave me a Timex chrono watch I so love, I gifted him with a TIMEX Ironman Triathlon Digital Mens Watch (Model T5H971).

The main feature of this watch that really attracted me is the steel bracelet. Most sports watches you will find around are made of

rubber. Although there is nothing wrong with this material, I find steel bracelets sexier and more versatile. And I was right! Because my beau liked it so much. Depending on his getup, he could make his Timex sports watch look casual or formal. We run only two to three times a week. He goes to the office for five days a week. He doesn’t have a problem switching wristwatches to match his attire. In fact, he already kept his old wristwatch for good since he just uses this Timex piece all the time. It looks good on his wrist while he sports a semi-formal long sleeves polo. It all the more looks good when he is in his ...

• impeccable running attire.

Of course, this Timex watch has limitations for a runner with big expectations. As earlier mentioned, it could not measure distance or heart rate. But we reserve these features once we start gearing up for our first 42km run. Meanwhile, as we are only running 10-15km, our Timex watches are more than enough to suit our needs.

So here’s the caution. I’m recommending this watch only if you consider yourself an amateur runner. If you are competitive and training for long hours everyday, this piece is not for you. You would want a professional watch that will help you in your daily training. Because then, you will need to log in different types of data to see

how much you are progressing.

For the lot of amateurs however, tracking down your time is enough to get little but steady feats in running. You get other perks as well if you get this watch. There is the 30-lap memory feature, water resistance to 100 meters (equivalent to 330 feet) and an alarm. I also find the large buttons very handy since most guys have big fingers anyway. This is very useful to them.

When you are not using this for running, it can serve as your regular watch with two time zones. But while doing your regular weekly laps, the most important feature you will like of course is the chronograph. I’m telling you, this will be really worth your money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6410031021300331/k2311a0310/3.10.10