Head Liquid Metal Radical MP tennis racket  » Sport  »
  • I had been playing tennis with the Prince Triple Threat Bandit OS for all my tennis career (not that I was pro or anything) and after feeling that I needed a better racket to uhmf my game up a bit I decided to look at some rackets off a website called tenniswarehouse
  • I found out that many top 10 and top 100 players used the racket at some point or another
  • After careful thought and a cost of only $70
  • When I started hitting backhands with the racket, I noticed shots going short and with little depth

• by Chee154

For all those avid tennis players out there; have you ever had that time when you wanted a new tennis racket, but just didn’t feel like paying $120 to $200 for a new one? Well a few months ago, I was in that very exact dilemma. I had been playing tennis with the Prince Triple Threat Bandit OS for all my tennis career (not that I was pro or anything) and after feeling that I needed a better racket to “uhmf” my game up a bit I decided to look at some rackets off a website called tenniswarehouse. com.

After looking at some of the new “advanced” and “currently used by so and so” line of rackets all costing roughly more than I could healthily afford, I looked into the line of clearance rackets. To my dismay, much of the clearance rackets were not very appealing and attractive, but then I

looked upon a solid glossy- silver color racket called the Head Radical MP that has changed my game up to this very day.

My first reaction upon looking at the racket, I looked at some of the online reviews of the racket myself to see many positive comments on the racket. And looking at the historical use of the racket by touring pro’s; I found out that many top 10 and top 100 players used the racket at some point or another.

After careful thought and a cost of only $70; I had bought a new and advanced racket. When it came, I called up a friend of mine to test this racket of its ability and potential.

At almost love at first sight, my first ball hit was a clean down the line winner that I lucidly remember ever so clearly with my friend commenting “wow, I assume that ...

• will be your racket now?” On the topspin forehand side of the racket, I felt the same solid and crisp response that I had from the demoing of the new and expensive rackets. Since the racket was fairly headlight and grip heavy, producing the adequate amount of topspin and power was fairly easy.

Having a very balanced feel of power and control, the racket simply felt comfortable and wieldy to hit with. The slice was really comfortable and smooth, and volley’s felt confident and stable.

Serving with the racket was a whole new story of power and control; out of all the aspects of the game, I felt as if the serve benifeted the most. It almost felt as if the racket was an extension of the arm, but yet adding tremendous quantities of spin and power at the same time.

However, the only part of my game that felt

uncomfortable was the backhand. Possessing a two- handed backhand; the grip felt really short and small to work with.

When I started hitting backhands with the racket, I noticed shots going short and with little depth. Although you may argue that is caused by a insufficient level of play, I argue back that with the same string tension ratio and type on a different racket, my backhands were dramatically better.

The Head Liquid Metal is a overall great performance racket for any 4. 0 level player or up seeking a great, non expensive piece of equipment.

From a wide range of tennis aspects and skills(except backhand), the racket itself proved more worthy than the price it was labeled at for only a simple amount of $70. Using my racket paired with some Luxilon ALU Big Banger 16L strings, it has not only improved my game, but the confidence and and feel that I get with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3510031021200331/k2311a0310/3.10.10