Febreze Home Collection Flameless Luminary Starter Kit, Cranberry Pear  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • I have found that they are a safe and convenient alternative to burning candles
  • The kit I bought contained the wooden base, two different shades, and batteries
  • The product was a bit smaller in size than I thought it was going to be
  • Both shades matched my living room decor so I was happy with that aspect of the product
  • Overall, I would recommend this product, but only as a decorative candle

• by mariekay

I recently discovered flameless candles and I have since purchase several for my home. I have found that they are a safe and convenient alternative to burning candles. They usually give off a pleasant scent and also have the flicker and light of a real candle.

I recently came across Febreze Home Collection Flameless Luminary Starter Kit in Cranberry Pear which appeared to be a flameless candle, but looked different than the ones I was used to. The ones I usually bought were contained in a frosted glass cup that looked like a regular candle. The Febreze Home Collection Flameless Candle looked more decorative. It had a black square base with changeable scented shades that were inserted into the base. I liked the looks of the product and thought it

would be a decorative touch to me living room, so I purchased it despite the high price tag of $17. I had been so pleased with the flameless candles I had bought in the past that I had high hopes for this one, and it was more decorative than a plain candle.

The kit I bought contained the wooden base, two different shades, and batteries. To use, you need to switch the power to “on” and then place one of the shades onto the base to activate the light. The light automatically shuts off after 3 hours, and can be reactivated by lifting and then pressing back down on the shade. The shades themselves contain the scent and the oil, so it’s necessary to wash your hands after handling the shades.

The product was ...

• a bit smaller in size than I thought it was going to be. But, I liked the way it looked. I placed it on my fireplace mantle and it had a nice flickering glow and added ambiance to the room. Both shades matched my living room decor so I was happy with that aspect of the product.

The scent however was not nearly strong enough and certainly didn’t fill the whole room. I could only smell it when I got close to the candle. The smell was nice, but it was so mild and it seemed like it only lasted 20 minutes and it was done. There is no heating element on the base like some other products, so there is nothing to really distribute the scent and it’s just

not strong enough for my taste.

I did like the looks of it, so I continued to use the product just for decor. The batteries ran out really quickly and had to be replaced. Although this product is pretty, it’s not worth the price in my opinion because it does nothing to fill the room with scent. I still keep my Febreze Home Collection Flameless Candle around for holidays such as Thanksgiving or Christmas, but now those are about the only times I use it since I get tired of constantly having to replace the batteries.

Overall, I would recommend this product, but only as a decorative candle. Don’t expect it to freshen a room or even let off much scent at all. It’s overpriced for what it does, but it’s still pretty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310031021100231/k2311a0310/3.10.10