Nature’s Plus Spiru-Tein High Protein Energy Meal, Vanilla
  • I like to supplement my diet with nutrition bars and protein shakes
  • The problem with most protein shakes is that they taste chalky or gritty, or they just have a bad flavor or aftertaste to them
  • It's delicious with a banana, berries, or even orange juice
  • It's one of the best tasting protein shakes I've ever tried, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a shake that tastes great and is also filling

• by mariekay

As spring and summer approach, I begin to try to eat more healthy and exercise more. I like to supplement my diet with nutrition bars and protein shakes. Protein shakes are also a great way to get the nutrients you need on the go. I like to drink them when I am working out, or when I just need a boost of energy. The problem with most protein shakes is that they taste chalky or gritty, or they just have a bad flavor or aftertaste to them. Recently I was looking to purchase a protein shake mix that would both taste good and fill me up, and a friend told me about Nature’s Plus Spiru-Tein High Protein Energy Meal Vanilla Flavor.

So, despite the $35 price tag, I purchased it. One serving

of the shake supplied 14 grams of soy protein, making it a healthy snack or meal replacement. If you mix it with 8 ounces of milk, that adds another 9 grams of protein to it. The first time I tried it, I simply mixed it with milk. I had a little trouble at first getting it to completely dissolve by just stirring it with a spoon, it stayed lumpy for a while, but eventually it got smooth. The taste of the shake is wonderful. I didn’t know how I would like a vanilla flavor, but it is really sweet and it tastes like a dessert.

I started making the shakes in the blender instead of just stirring them with a spoon, and I got much better results. If I mix in ...

• some crushed ice, the shakes are even thicker and richer. What’s great about the vanilla flavor is that it’s versatile enough for me to add other things to it. It’s delicious with a banana, berries, or even orange juice. I experiment with different foods and so far every one has tasted good and mixed well with the vanilla flavor.

One thing that might be a little off-putting to some people is that the shake has a slight mint-green tint to it after it’s mixed. This is supposedly due to one of the ingredients in it. It certainly doesn’t affect the flavor at all, but it may be a little strange to some people to see a mint green color in their glass.

I love how filling this shake is. When I have

one for breakfast and mix it with fruit, I am satisfied until lunch. I also seem to have more energy when I drink this shake, and I can tell if I go for a few days without it that I have slowed down a bit. It works great for a snack in between meals, too.

The problem for me with this product is the price. I do think it’s worth the price, but I simply can’t afford to be buying it all the time. So, this product has become a once-in-a-while splurge for me. It’s one of the best tasting protein shakes I’ve ever tried, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a shake that tastes great and is also filling. The price is steep, though, so look for it on sale.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410031021040231/k2311a0310/3.10.10