Avon Anew Age-Transforming Concealer SPF 15  » Cosmetics  »
  • So, although it was $10, I thought that was a good deal for a product that claimed to diminish fine lines while concealing dark circles under the eyes
  • The product came in six different colors, and I chose Natural Light because it looked like it would match my skin tone the best
  • The first thing I noticed was that the product applicator was a little brush
  • I found that is you turn the dial about 2 times, you will have the right amount of product
  • So I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good under-eye concealer, but not as a wrinkle treatment

• by mariekay

I purchased this product recently because it was advertised as an under-eye concealer and a treatment in one. So, although it was $10, I thought that was a good deal for a product that claimed to diminish fine lines while concealing dark circles under the eyes. Plus, I am usually happy with Avon products overall.

The product came in six different colors, and I chose Natural Light because it looked like it would match my skin tone the best. I have a concealer that I normally use, but I wanted to see if this Avon one would treat my under-eye wrinkles as well. So, I switched to the Avon brand to find out for myself.

The first thing I noticed was that the product applicator

was a little brush. In order to use it, you need to turn the dial and it will dispense some of the product onto the brush, which you then apply to your face. It took some practice to get the right amount of product onto the brush. If you turn too much, you will end up with a mess, and the product will come out in globs. I found that is you turn the dial about 2 times, you will have the right amount of product. Then, instead of rubbing it into the skin, I patted it into the area with my fingers.

The product does a good job of covering dark circles. I would compare it to the concealer I was ...

• using before. The problem is that it’s a bit on the dry side, so if you don’t rub it in immediately after applying it, you will have a hard time blending it at all, and it will appear cakey. Once I got the hang of it though, I liked the coverage.

One thing I don’t understand is the brush applicator. Even if you use the brush to apply the product, you still need to blend it with your fingers. So, in my opinion, a pump dispenser would work better because the brush is hard to get used to.

I didn’t notice that the concealer did anything to solve my wrinkle issues. It seemed like a regular concealer to me, not a wrinkle treatment.

I noticed no difference, even after using it for 2 weeks. One thing I did like was that it contains SPF, which most other concealers I’ve tried don’t. The area under our eyes is sensitive and it’s good that this product offers that protection.

So, overall, I was not totally disappointed with this product even though it did nothing for my wrinkles. I still thought it was a good concealer, and I plan to wear it this summer for sun protection. So I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good under-eye concealer, but not as a wrinkle treatment. I am taking points off for the applicator and the fact that it didn’t help me with my wrinkles, other than that it’s good.

Colleen Johns says :

re : So I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good under-eye concealer, but not as a wrinkle treatment
    I have used this concealer for years. It doesn’t get set in lines or wrinkles like other concealers do. I love it and I am unhappy it is no longer available. Of course you have to rub it in like any other concealer. It is not dry at all. Maybe you got a bad one or an old one.

Colleen Johns says :

re : I found that is you turn the dial about 2 times, you will have the right amount of product
    Mine has no dial. I must have the old version of this product.

Colleen Johns says :

Mine never claimed to get rid of wrinkles. Just a concealer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110031021020231/k2311a0310/3.10.10