White Rain Naturals Body Wash - Moisturizing Tropical Coconut  » Health  »
  • I found White Rain Naturals Body Wash in Moisturizing Tropical Coconut scent
  • I usually am picky about what body wash I will use, so I was surprised to find one I liked at the dollar store, but since I recognized the brand White Rain, I decided to give it a try
  • I also don't like feeling dried out like soap can do, and this body wash definitely didn't produce that
  • I obviously can't tell a major difference between regular body wash and one with a touch of coconut oil in it, but I like knowing there are some natural ingredients in the products I apply to my skin
  • I would recommend this product to any women who like tropical, fruity scents without a weird chemical under-smell

• by Jenn

When my last body wash ran out, I ended up picking up a replacement at a local dollar store. I found White Rain Naturals Body Wash in Moisturizing Tropical Coconut scent. I usually am picky about what body wash I will use, so I was surprised to find one I liked at the dollar store, but since I recognized the brand White Rain, I decided to give it a try.

Even at the store, I knew I would love the way this product smelled when I used it. When I took my first shower with the body wash and lathered up a nice, quarter-sized amount in my hands, I felt like someone had just cracked a bunch of coconuts right in the bathroom with me! The scent was very powerful, but not in

a suntan-lotion sort of way. Just a very strong, fresh coconut scent.

I also liked the foamy lather the body wash created. It wasn’t super rich lather, like you get with a lot of shampoos, but it spread evenly across my skin and created some good suds. More importantly than sudsing up, it rinsed off cleanly, too. This is important to me because I can’t stand a soapy residue; that’s why I use body wash and not soap! I also don’t like feeling dried out like soap can do, and this body wash definitely didn’t produce that.

The label said the body wash was made with real coconut extract, and for some reason I liked that. I obviously can’t tell a major difference between regular body wash and one with a touch of coconut ...

• oil in it, but I like knowing there are some natural ingredients in the products I apply to my skin. I know that anything I put on my skin leeches into my bloodstream in small quantities, so the more natural the product, the better.

While I like the coconut oil, I don’t really like how many chemicals are in this body wash. Things like Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and Distearate, whatever that is, don’t sound very natural to me. White Rain earns back some brownie points with me for not testing their products on animals, though. There’s certainly nothing natural about testing products intended for people on dogs cats and lab rats, especially if we’re talking hair and body products!

So, the body wash smells nice, and the product contains real coconut exttact, but

how would my skin feel after using it? Well, I’m not really sure if I noticed any significant improvement. I was happy with the light scent the product left on my skin, though I didn’t notice my skin was any softer than before I used it. I have fairly dry skin, and this body wash didn’t make it any worse, but I don’t know that the “moisturizing” claims the product made were particularly effective on me.

I would recommend this product to any women who like tropical, fruity scents without a weird chemical “under-smell”. And I definitely like this body wash for the price I found it at: $1 for 12 fluid oz. You can’t beat that for a bottle of body wash that will last at least three months or more, and smells good, too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410031020970231/k2311a0310/3.10.10