Listerine Agent Cool Blue - Recalled Kid’s Dental Rinse  » Health  »
0.5
  • It looked like mouthwash, and I thought it couldn't be a bad idea
  • I asked my husband how much the stuff cost while I looked over the label description
  • I like those dental tablets and rinses that you use AFTER brushing, to show you spots you've missed
  • I think my son used this Cool Blue dental rinse a grand total of four times, and almost always at my husband's reminding
  • I do not recommend this product simply because I don't find it to have any real value

• by Jenn

My husband is a sucker for anything new, improved or “as seen on TV”. It’s bad; he will not only watch infomercials, but actually start reaching for the phone until I slap him and he snaps back to reality. Commercials advertising new, gimmecky products are to my husband as Kryptonite is to Superman!

Now, my husband is also a very good dad. So when he saw a new dental rinse that boasted an ability to “make brushing fun” for kids, he was on his way to the store quicker than I could react to pick some up for our son. Without my slap, there was no stopping him. He was on a mission to save our son’s barely-formed teeth!

My husband came home with this

bottle of blue stuff called Listerine Agent Cool Blue. It looked like mouthwash, and I thought it couldn’t be a bad idea. Then I realized it wasn’t mouthwash at all. I asked my husband how much the stuff cost while I looked over the label description. He told me he spent about $4 on the Agent Cool Blue. That may not sound like a lot, but to me, that’s $4 too much for a product that is nothing but blue dye in a liquid that stains your kids teeth. Then the kids brush it off immediately. What is the point? I know, I know, it’s “fun”.

They could at least add flouride, or other beneficial ingredients. Maybe a non-alcohol based mouthwash, with the same ...

• fun color effect. I like those dental tablets and rinses that you use AFTER brushing, to show you spots you’ve missed. That is a good product, with a purpose, for new brushers.

Why does brushing need to be “fun” anyway? Life isn’t always fun, sometimes you just need to get things done. Like brushing your teeth! Besides all that, I hear that certain batches of the product was recalled a while back, though I’m not sure if ours was affected. I think my son used this Cool Blue dental rinse a grand total of four times, and almost always at my husband’s reminding. My son’s interest was fairly minimal, except maybe the first night. I still think my husband was more excited about it

than anyone!

Plus, the stuff stains like crazy if your kid dribbles it down the front of himself! I think I got my sons dribble out in the wash, but it wasn’t on a white shirt. White clothes would probably be ruined. And it makes the sink look like it’s tinged a light blue color, as well.

I do not recommend this product simply because I don’t find it to have any real value. I’m sorry to say, but I think this Listerine Agent Cool Blue dental rinse is pretty darn useless, and why spend your money on something that doesn’t accomplish anything? Buy your kids a fun colored rinse that does something for their actual dental health, not this one which just colors their teeth!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410031020880231/k2311a0310/3.10.10