Frigidaire Top-Loading Washing Machine - Model FWXB45RGS0  » Housewares  »
  • Our washing machine, a Frigidaire FWXB45RGS0 that was manufactured sometime in 2001, isn't the best machine I've ever used, but it does get the job done
  • That is the other problem with the machine's dispenser
  • We've also had on flood in our laundry room one day as a result of trying to wash pillows in this machine, though I think that was user error because it never happened again
  • Eventually, we will have to replace it and get a new machine, and besides the cost, I can't wait until that day
  • I would not recommend this washing machine to anyone with a large, active family like mine, or you will be doing laundry all week

• by Jenn

When we bought our home, the previous owners decided to include all the major appliances, which made our transition much smoother than if we had to buy everything new. We didn’t care what condition the appliances were in, as long as they worked. We checked the washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher and everything else, and thankfully, they all seemed to work.

Fast forward almost four years later, and they’re still working! Now, most of them could stand to be replaced, but in the meantime, they have served my family well. Our washing machine, a Frigidaire FWXB45RGS0 that was manufactured sometime in 2001, isn’t the best machine I’ve ever used, but it does get the job done.

The thing I least like about my Frigidaire washer is the giant agitator that practically takes up half of the washer drum. I see the newer model washing machines that don’t use agitators, and I can only dream of having all that extra space! The most I can do in one load in the

Frigidaire is maybe three or four pairs of pants, a few shirts and undergarments. That is half of what my aunt’s new machine is capable of, and the clothes seem cleaner coming out of her machine, too. I wish I could afford to replace this clunker!

I also really dislike the design of the fabric softener dispenser. The big, bulky fabric softener holder sits on top of the agitator, and you add your softener at the start of the cycle, then it dispenses during the rinse. I didn’t even use it for the first several years. Lately, I have stopped using dryer sheets, and decided to try liquid softener. This meant digging out the dispenser, which I had never used. Now I know why! What a pain.

The dispenser barely sits on the agitator, so the thing gets knocked off really easily. I have to remove the device to load and remove clothes, which is annoying, but otherwise it just falls is, dripping remnants of fabric softener onto clean ...

• clothes.

That is the other problem with the machine’s dispenser; it doesn’t fully distribute the softener, and toward the end of a cycle it just drips the rest down the agitator sides, getting blue liquid on my clean laundry. Very annoying, and it could potentially ruin whites or lights (though so far, so good!)

The knobs on this machine will also crack come off if you aren’t careful; I haven’t had use of my load size adjustment knob in two years. It’s really hard to grab the dial underneath where the knob should be, and I usually have to use a towel or something to get a grip on it before I can twist it into position.

We’ve also had on flood in our laundry room one day as a result of trying to wash pillows in this machine, though I think that was user error because it never happened again. What a mess though!

Overall, the Frigidaire FWXB45RGS0 wouldn’t have been my first choice in washing machines if

I had gotten to choose, but I’m stil very grateful for it. Eventually, we will have to replace it and get a new machine, and besides the cost, I can’t wait until that day! Until then, my (fairly) trusty old Frigidaire will have to suffice!

I would not recommend this washing machine to anyone with a large, active family like mine, or you will be doing laundry all week! It is just too small, even though it bills itself as “heavy duty”. It can stand up to a beating though, because we have used it so much for so many years, and knock on wood, it’s still going! Maybe not going strong, but going, and that is all I need for the moment!

If you can pick one of these up for a hundred bucks, it might be worth it. But honestly, I’d say work it into the budget somehow and just buy one of the new, fancier ones! They are capable of so much more than this old thing.

Chris says :

My 12 cycle super Capasity Plus when set to wash on the color setting will fill, wash, spin, rinse then start over again from the wash cycle why is this?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310031020860231/k2311a0310/3.10.10