Insignia Portable CD Player
2.0
  • I like to write articles, stories and reviews on the internet
  • I decided I would put out a few dollars and get a nice portable cd player to sit next to my computer
  • I did not have that much money to spend on this endeavor so I was thrilled when I found the Insignia Portable CD player priced at $19.99
  • How lucky was I to find this, I thought as I snatched up one and headed for the line to pay for it
  • After several months of saving up, I bought myself another more expensive cd player and have been happy with it for many months

• by sofcthy

After buying the Insignia Portable CD Player I can honestly say that you get what you pay for.

I am not a very wealthy person and cannot afford to buy any type of luxury items for myself since paying bills and rent, buying groceries and other necessities leaves my family with very little money.

I like to write articles, stories and reviews on the internet. That is how I make the money that I do. While writing, I like to tune out the rest of the world. Kids listening to loud music or watching television, the husband talking and asking questions….the usual. My favorite thing to do is listen to music while I am writing. I find it calming and for some reason my thoughts come quickly and efficiently while listening to my favorite songs.

I decided I would put out a few dollars and get a nice portable cd player to sit next to my computer. Not only could I listen to my music while working on the computer but I could also listen to it in bed or while I walked to the store near our home.

I did not have that much money to spend on this endeavor so I was

thrilled when I found the Insignia Portable CD player priced at $19.99. The design of the Insignia Portable CD player was very sleek and sharp and it also came with a very nice set of headphones. How lucky was I to find this, I thought as I snatched up one and headed for the line to pay for it.

When I got home, I eagerly opened the Insignia Portable CD player, intent on listening to it as soon as I could. Unfortunately, I did not buy batteries at the time because I thought I had some at home. Murphy’s law kicked in when they were the wrong size.

No problem, I thought. The Insignia Portable CD player came with headphones so why not a power cord, right? Wrong. You have to buy a power adapter seperately which led me to believe that I should have read what all came with this cd player while at the store.

A few days later I bought a power cord and some batteries and started again. I put a cd into the Insignia Portable CD player and inserted my favorite Rascal Flatts cd. The sound quality was wonderful and the headphones were so comfortable.

• I was in heaven. Until things started to go wrong the next day.

I had been writing and listening to my music on my Insignia Portable CD player when it came time to eat lunch. I put the player on pause, walked into the kitchen and made myself a sandwich. After hitting the play button, the player did not pick up where the song left off. Instead, it took me all the way back to the first of my CD. Okay, that was annoying but I could live with that.

I decided to put in one of my cd’s that I had burned. Guess what? The Insignia Portable CD player would not play the cd. I tried another one and got the same result. Bad, bad, bad since I love my burned cd’s better than most cds other than Rascal Flatts. Oh, well another thing I could live with but really didn’t want to.

A week later, the Insignia Portable CD player made me reach my limits. The power cord was lighting up and showing that it was working, yet the Insignia Portable CD player was not. I jiggled it a little and it

started playing. Then it would suddenly go off, with little or no jarring of the desk. My husband decided the Insignia Portable CD player had a short at the ac adapter.

I changed the power source from power cord to batteries and tried again. Naturally, the batteries did not last as long as I would have liked. Then the headphones started shorting out as well. The left side of the headphones would no longer work while the right did. Also, if I picked up the Insignia Portable CD player and walked anywhere with it, the cd would skip no matter how carefully I walked.

Fed up with everything, I took it back to the store. Thinking that I could have possibly gotten a bad one, I exchanged one Insignia Portable CD player for another. Again, the same things started to happen just as it did with the first one.

I ended up throwing the Insignia Portable CD player across the room (yes I have a temper). After several months of saving up, I bought myself another more expensive cd player and have been happy with it for many months. So as I said, you get what you pay for….and sometimes less.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169031020690631/k2311a039/3.9.10