Maytag Free-Standing Gas Range - Model MGRH752BDB  » Housewares  »
  • My husband and I decided to check into a new model, and with some help from family, were able to replace it without too much hassle
  • I use this burner mostly to get water to start boiling quickly, and then I move the pot back to the rear burner behind it (one of the two standard output burners) to cook my pasta, potatoes, etc. The cook time has been cut in half on many things between this range and my old, 1990's model which I believe was a GE
  • The only real problem is keeping the surface of the unit looking nice
  • Overall, for the price, I would recommend this Maytag range to anyone in need of a new stove and oven unit

• by Jenn

About a year ago, my gas stove and oven quit on me. The range had come with our home when we moved in, but was no longer safe or even operable. My husband and I decided to check into a new model, and with some help from family, were able to replace it without too much hassle.

We looked at Home Depot and found a Maytag model (MGRH752BDB) that would fit the space our old one occupied in our kitchen. The Maytag range and oven unit was also within the price range, around $500. We decided to look at the features, and we liked what we saw.

My favorite feature has to do with the burners on the range top. The rear left burner was described to me by the salesman as “a sauce

burner”, and that is mainly what I use it for. This burner has a lower BTU (heat output) rating than the other three burners, making it a great choice for delicate sauces, soups and other low-flame requirement foods.

The front right burner, in contrast, has a higher BTU output and thus a much more powerful flame. I use this burner mostly to get water to start boiling quickly, and then I move the pot back to the rear burner behind it (one of the two standard output burners) to cook my pasta, potatoes, etc.

The cook time has been cut in half on many things between this range and my old, 1990’s model which I believe was a GE. The oven is also way more powerful, and yet the door stays safely cool ...

• to the touch even when cooking at very high temperatures! With a small child, this was a main reason for wanting to get rid of the old one even before it quit on us: the door glass would get very hot.

The display on this Maytag range and oven unit is digital, which is nice. I can push a button and set the oven to whatever temperature I need, and then push another button to set the time. Voila! Baking and roasting really doesn’t get any easier. It took me some time to get adjusted to this appliance; the unit is far more powerful than my old one!

After a brief “getting to know you” trial period, I completely fell in love with my new range. From the sealed burners which make

messes and drips easy to clean, the black color which blends in better than the ugly old white one, to the fact that it cooks food quickly and evenly, I have very few complaints.

The only real problem is keeping the surface of the unit looking nice. The entire unit is covered in this paint which looks forever covered iin fingerprints and makes grease very hard to remove fully. I always feel like there is a film on the backsplash/display area and the surface of the range, even when I’ve just wiped it down.

Overall, for the price, I would recommend this Maytag range to anyone in need of a new stove and oven unit! It has served my famliy well for a year so far, and hopefully will for many more to come.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 539031020380531/k2311a039/3.9.10