Windows 7  » Software  »
1.0
  • Unfortunately, after upgrading a few months ago I am more frustrated then ever
  • After reading up on all the cool features that Windows 7 would roll out, I was disappointed to see that these changes did not really do anything
  • If I have my internet up while running iTunes, I know that I am only one click away from my internet not responding
  • I can definitely say that Windows 7 has driven me buy a Mac immediately

• by Josh Auman

I was really excited when Windows 7 hit the shelves because I had Windows Vista for a few years,and as a college student I was sick of fearing that I was going to lose my class notes due to a computer crash. So when Windows 7 was first released I picked it up. Unfortunately, after upgrading a few months ago I am more frustrated then ever.

After reading up on

all the cool features that Windows 7 would roll out, I was disappointed to see that these changes did not really do anything. Sure, I can now bank two windows side by side, but its not really a benefit since, Windows 7 can’t run more then a few programs at once. If you have heard the commercial that Windows 7 is great because it allows you to run more programs ...

• faster its a lie. If I have my internet up while running iTunes, I know that I am only one click away from my internet “not responding”.

While I am sure that Windows 7 offers a lot more features then I use, I would classify myself as a typical computer user. Therefore for the majority of America I see Windows 7 being just as big a failure as Windows Vista.

I can’t stand having a year old dell computer, with a brand new operating system, that is completely virus freeze on average 3 times a day and that gives me a blue warning screen at least once a week.

While I might have had high expectation about Windows 7, it didn’t live up to any of them. I can definitely say that Windows 7 has driven me buy a Mac immediately.

Windows 7

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 309031020350531/k2311a039/3.9.10