Ubud Monkey Forest, Bali  » Travel  »
Ubud Monkey Forest, Jalan Monkey Forest, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
  • And this time I’d like to share my experience visiting Ubud Monkey Forest in Ubud, Bali

• by Linawati Adiwidjaja

I have always been a huge fan of monkeys. So every time I visit Bali or any other places where there are monkeys around, I will spare my time to visit those places. And this time I’d like to share my experience visiting Ubud Monkey Forest in Ubud, Bali.

I am sure many of you have heard of Bali, the island of a thousand gods. Bali is one of my favorite destinations. And the last time

I was there, I went to Ubud, one of the most favorable towns among tourists. And of course, the very first place to visit was Ubud Monkey Forest.

How can we reach that place? Very easy. If you don’t have your own transportation, there are many choices of transportation available, from bus, taxis to public transport which is of course, the cheapest of all. It takes around 2.5 hours from Kuta area. And you only have ...

• to pay 15,000 rupiahs for the ticket per person.

First rule when visiting this place is that never ever pat or touch the monkeys as they can be intimidated by such actions. And it is also not allowed to enter this place for those having period as this place is considered a sacred place.

Inside the Ubud monkey forest you can take pictures or videos with the monkeys there. It is highly recommended that

you bring food, such as fresh fruits to feed those funny creatures. You will simply be ignored if you do not bring any food inside the complex.

There is also a small river inside the forest where the monkeys can play and take a bath.

Last but nor least, do not forget to take off all your jewels, such as watch, glasses, earrings, necklace, and other sorts of objects before entering this place.

Welcome to Ubud, Bali.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 389031020010531/k2311a039/3.9.10