MagicJack  » Electronics  »
  • I bought my MagicJack directly from the website
  • The internet we get here is high speed and expensive but not the best in the world

• by Product Maven

First of all let me clarify what a “MagicJack” truly is and how it works. It is an small USB plug in that you use in the slot of your computer. The telephone cord from your phone plugs into the other end and voila!

There is no software to install and all of the updates for the MagicJack are referred to on the website. Many have seen the commercials tons of times before chain retail stores like Wal-Mart and Best Buy began carrying them.

I bought my MagicJack directly from the website: http://www.magicjack.com

The shipping was super quick and after

comparing the price I paid and the prices at the retail stores they were exactly the same. You purchase the actual USB phone jack plug in which costs: $39.99

After that, you purchase your year of unlimited phone service including 911 for $19.99.

The only fee that you have is that one each year and slightly discounted if you prepay for additional years at onc.

Now, I live in a very rural community where my parents are consisting of a population of 500 people. The internet we get here is high speed and expensive but not the best in the world.

• Having said that, the moment I plugged in my MagicJack I was a little lost because it updates and installs all of its software at first.

You choose your own telephone number which you can change one time for free and $10 each time after. They have now incorporated vanity numbers (e.g. 909-call-me). These are an additional $4.99 but try to get one anywhere else.

You can purchase additional funds for international calling. I have even used the MagicJack to fax paperwork!

When the software has a glitch, it immediately sends you to the main home page to download

an update and it is fixed. Customer service is available and helpful just make sure you keep that order number because they make you log into customer service livechat.

I have had fantastic reliability, clear audio and even if the computer shuts down (love windows updates!), you still have voicemail and it is delivered to your email address as well as your MagicJack accessible from a phone as well!

(My operating system incidentally is Windows Vista Premium I am not sure about any others and the performance.) People made fun of me when I told them I purchased and liked my MagicJack.

MagicJack

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169031019910331/k2311a039/3.9.10