El Shaddai, a Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement
2.5
  • I believe El Shaddai, a Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement led by Mike Velarde is one big cult
  • I found too much idolatry in this program as I heard listeners saying they were healed just by listening to Mike Velarde
  • I know how to use my wit and could not just believe what a leader says but the followers of Velarde are blindly following him and the most interesting thing is that they’ve actually made Velarde a millionaire through their voluntary offering and also by buying the El Shaddai Handkerchief and all other El Shaddai Lucky Items
  • To date the Mike Velarde movement is still drawing crowds although I noticed that some of my neighbors who have once participated have finally come into their senses

• by ladyli

I believe El Shaddai, a Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement led by Mike Velarde is one big cult. This El Shaddai first started only as title of a radio program on DZXL with no less than Mike Velarde himself as the anchor. I had the opportunity to listen to this program and right at the first time I listened to the program I noted its lapses. I found too much idolatry in this program as I heard listeners saying they were healed just by listening to Mike Velarde.

Well I did not last listening to this program which I believed was not a believable program at all. Well before I knew it, the program which I considered too idiotic gained wide popularity and Mike Velarde’s followers accumulated into considerable number that inspired him to hold prayer rallies outside the vicinity of the radio station. I noted his supporters which are

mostly Catholic turned fanatic and were now preferring to go to Mike Velarde’s prayer rallies than hearing the Catholic mass.

The crowd grew bigger and bigger each week so that they have to move to the Quirino Grandstand at the Rizal Park (Luneta) in Manila. I myself witnessed the huge at the Rizal Park when we went there one time to jog. The crowd was so huge and the people were alive and very responsive.

I took the chance to see how the prayer rally was and no matter how hard I try, I could not find any pleasure with the program. First, the leader, Bro. Mike Velarde sounds like gay.

I can never follow a leader who is gay. That is my personal conviction and it is all based on the fact that the Bible does not encourage homosexuality. Secondly, the approach is certainly very deceitful.

I ...

• saw that the attendees are mostly people who are hoping for miracles. They were so like fools believing and following Mike Velarde in his every instruction. If you want to receive money open your umbrella, your wallet, and bags and all palms open and up to heaven and the people were one in following the gay leader.

Those who want to go abroad, will have to just raise their passports or any of their papers toward heaven to get positive response from God. My hair almost stands as I saw how fanatic the followers of Mike Velarde have gone. How could the people be so desperate and blind in following those foolish actions? I could never believe a religion such as this.

the most interesting thing is that they’ve actually made Velarde a millionaire through their voluntary offering and also by buying the El Shaddai Handkerchief and all other El Shaddai Lucky Items. How lucky could one person like Mike Velarde become!

Well I could not help but feel all the more happy that I left the Roman Catholic Church. This Church could not resist the strong magic of Mike Velarde.

Alarmed by the fact that most of their members now prefer to go to Velarde’s prayer rallies than attending the church mass, they have corroborated with Mike Velarde and allowed localized El Shaddai rallies in the vicinities of the Catholic churches. To date the Mike Velarde movement is still drawing crowds although I noticed that some of my neighbors who have once participated have finally come into their senses. This happened after their prayer requests did not come true.

El Shaddai, a Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement
    Ruffa says :

re : I know how to use my wit and could not just believe what a leader says but the followers of Velarde are blindly following him and the most interesting thing is that they’ve actually made Velarde a millionaire through their voluntary offering and also by buying the El Shaddai Handkerchief and all other El Shaddai Lucky Items
    Yes, that was past 2002 my Auntie invited me to join the assembly of El Shaddai that was held at PICC Paranaque, though it was very crowded because of many believers werw attending the charismatic movement.One of their routine during the assembly is selling handkerchief with El Shaddai signages of it for they believe that it heals them when they use the handkerchief, they consider it as a lucky charm also.

How could you says that it makes Mike Velarde a millionaire though his just sharing and preaching the message of GOD as written in the holy bible.

Kenroy Hunter says :

I do not personally think it is a sin for pastors to be wealthy. Remember that there were wealthy servants of God in the Bible like Job, Abraham and Solomon. Also I don’t believe there was ever a male or female human as rich as Solomon and he was a man after God’s own heart.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 519031019691231/k2311a039/3.9.10