Dick Gordon, Presidential Candidate of 2010 Philippine National Election  » Local news  »
  • His senate bills have not been really very familiar with me except that I know he was the one who pushed for this Automated Election System law
  • Well I believe I have to salute him for this law is meant to bring about not just faster election results but to achieve a clean, honest, fair, and credible results as well

• by ladyli

If Gilbert Teodoro is not running for President, then the Presidential candidate that I would most likely vote this May of 2010 is no other than Dick Gordon. Not to mention his other accomplishments which I am not really so exposed about, the first thing that made me he has the qualities of a capable leader of this land is his track record in Olongapo city. The transformation of Olongapo City under his leadership is remarkable. Olongapo City, the place once known only as place of night clubs and bars and Filipina prostitutes was transformed into one model city in terms of progress, orderliness and cleanliness.

It took the historical eruption of Mt. Pinatubo 1992 that brought devastating flood and thick ash-fall to drive away the American Military Base from this place and

consequently all the night clubs that were left without customers had to close business. The then mayor, Dick Gordon proved his unprecedented leadership and with his determination, diligence and wit was able to bring Olongapo back into its new and much more stable feet. Gordon was able to bring progress into Olongapo City. He was able to create thousands of jobs, and was able to invite billions of investments in Olongapo City because a model city in his leadership so that even the APEC meeting of 18 head of progressive countries was held in this very place. When I visited the place of Olongapo after the great transformation, I was amazed and could not believe the beauty, orderliness and discipline in this city. In fact I hated the then President Joseph ...

• Estrada who drove Dick Gordon out of his position mainly because of political reasons.

Apart from his remarkable performance as Mayor of Olongapo City, Gordon’s feat as Department of Tourism Secretary is also notable. His “WOW Philippines campaign created a big hype in the tourism industry, another proof that wherever this man is placed, he seemed to give magic touch. I would say that Dick Gordon has remarkable zest, creativity and energy in every endeavor. He really deserves to be called Flash Gordon.

His senate bills have not been really very familiar with me except that I know he was the one who pushed for this Automated Election System law. Well I believe I have to salute him for this law is meant to bring about not just faster election results but

to achieve a clean, honest, fair, and credible results as well. I just hope it really would.

Indeed if there is no Gibo Teodoro in the list of Presidential candidate, Dick Gordon is surely my choice for this May 10, 2010 election. Of course I have always been wishing I would see the entire Philippines in the same orderliness and progress as that of Olongapo City. However, Gibo Teodoro’s cool personality and impressive wit and eloquence have totally captivated my heart so that instead of voting Dick Gordon I would now vote for Gibo. Dick Gordon now is just a second choice for me. Nevertheless even if some people were talking about Gordon’s tendency to rule with dictatorship, I will still rejoice if Dick Gordon makes it to the highest post of this land on May 10, 2010.

mhylz says :

TOPIC RICHARD GORDON 1.what are the allegations about Gordon? 2. WHAT ARE HIS ASSETS OR LIABILITIES? 3.IS THERE A POLITICAL DYNASTY IN HIS FAMILY? 4. IS THERE ANY CASES FILED AGAINST HIM?

ladyli replies :

I don`t have any particular concern about the allegations on Gordon, or his assets or liability All candidates have issues on them because they are not all perfect anyway and whether they accept it or not, they always do have selfish motive. In politics you just have to choose the lesser evil actually and someone who has been really serving the people aside from serving himself. About political dynasty, I think I have no problem about political dynasty in any candidate that serves the people well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 368031019460531/k2311a038/3.8.10