Loren Legarda, a Vice-Presidential candidate of 210 Philippine National Election  » Local news  »
2.5
  • Well it could not have been a big issue to me because anyway in politics there are no permanent friends and enemies anyway
  • At any rate, I think Loren has the making of a good leader
  • Unfortunately they have gone by now and were not preserved at all

• by ladyli

Loren Legarda could have been my bet for Vice-President this coming May 10, 2010 Philippine National Election if only she did not become a political opportunist. Remember her sudden defection to Joseph Estrada’s camp during the last national election. She was the running mate of Fernando Poe Jr. but she lost to Noli De Castro eventually.

Well it could not have been a big issue to me because anyway in politics there are no permanent friends and enemies anyway. But what I could not swallow was Loren was among those who joined hand to oust Joseph Estrada from Malacanang. She was the crying lady during the Senate’s Impeachment Procedures for Joseph Estrada. She looked every inch dignified and heroic as she was throwing sensible and vital

questions to the witnesses in that widely televised impeachment procedure. I saw her in person at the EDSA when I joined the crowd in crying for Erap’s ouster. Oh well she looks younger in person and she certainly is one beautiful woman.

Well sadly, Loren if only for her personal sake swallowed all her pride and defected to Erap’s camp just to protect her personal desire to run for the second highest position of this land. Unfortunately she did not make it. She lost and although she claimed she was cheated, that does not mean she could take over the position. And now this coming 2010 she is again running for the same position and surveys shows it is Mar Roxas who is on the lead. Oh ...

• well, if Loren did not make it still, I still she should start thinking for a better way to get a position higher than just being a senator.

At any rate, I think Loren has the making of a good leader. She started as broadcast journalist and her fame in this field is an instrument that brought her into the Senate. She has notable accomplishments in the field of women’s protection, social development and also human rights. She is also has the intelligence being a valedictorian from the Assumption College and eventually a cum laude graduate of the University of the Philippines.

But what I particularly like about her is her pro-environment ideals. She made good efforts in preserving the trees and plants. I actually

loved the way she turned the highways greener and I so loved reading the lovely poem Trees of Joyce Kilmer which through Loren’s effort got posted in parts along the highways and road. It was beautiful and inspiring and I so loved reading them as I travel each morning to my office. Unfortunately they have gone by now and were not preserved at all.

However, I tend to doubt Loren’s sincerity these days. Her every move is seemed meant to get more media mileage. I also feel she has somewhat passed her heyday. I think her popularity and reputation have been tainted and she obviously has become a traditional politician in her moves so I am sorry I am not going to vote for her.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 368031019410531/k2311a038/3.8.10