MAC Lipglass in Culture Clash  » General  »
  • Culture Clash is just the typical pink lipgloss but since I don't really own any that I really like, I decided to get it
  • It does have some shimmer in the lipgloss which makes it less boring
  • I like it because it doesn't really seem to travel all over the place (where the shimmer goes all over your face somehow)
  • It's kind of expensive, but I think it's worth it
  • I'm glad I bought it, but I'd rather save my money for other collections

• by Kelairyy

Culture Clash is part of the new collection that MAC just released called the Spring Colour Forecast. It is still available so if you want anything from that collection, hurry to your MAC store or counter (Macy’s) to check it out because those products are limited edition. Culture Clash is just the typical pink lipgloss but since I don’t really own any that I really like, I decided to get it. It’s not that much of an original color, so if you already have something sort of baby pink, then you don’t need to get this. It does have some shimmer in the lipgloss which makes it less boring. The shimmer isn’t overly dramatic or anything though; I like it because it doesn’t really seem to travel all over the place (where the shimmer goes all over your face somehow…) but it makes the lipgloss more exciting and pretty to

wear.

The color is nice for an every day look; it’s not bright and it gives a really nice tint of color if you just want a bit of a shine without changing your lip color too much. I don’t think the pigmentation is the greatest because it doesn’t seem to change my lip color very much if I wear it alone, so I like to wear this over pink lipsticks for that nice shine. The shimmer isn’t too obvious and doesn’t look tacky like some shimmer can be. It isn’t chunky like glitter; it’s actually pretty finely milled and you can’t really feel the gritty feeling on your lips which is good.

The texture is a bit thick compared to other lipglosses, but that pretty much sums it up for all MAC lipglasses. I actually don’t mind this because I feel like it helps the lipgloss stay on longer,

• and I’ve grown immune to the “sticky” feeling most people complain about. Personally I don’t find this lipgloss sticky, but then again, many people have different ideas of what sticky means. It the wind’s blowing, yes, your hair might stick to this, but isn’t that what all lipgloss does to your hair?

The smell of MAC lipglasses is nice as well. It smells like vanilla, and I really like it compared to the disgusting fake fruity/plastic smell that some lipglosses have, Revlong Colorstay Lipglosses, I’m looking at you. There is 0.17 ounces to this lipgloss and it retails for $14. It’s kind of expensive, but I think it’s worth it. The price is reasonable for the quality; MAC lipglasses stay on so much longer than a lot of drugstore (and even other high end brand glosses), so you don’t have to keep reapplying and using up more product. There isn’t

a lot in the gloss, which kind of sucks, especially since Culture Clash is limited edition, but MAC lipglasses can last a year or more if it’s not a color you wear every day.

Overall, I think Culture Clash was worth it and I really like it. However, the color isn’t very original and I feel like there could probably be a dupe found since it’s just a pretty pink, so I’m not going to purchase a backup for when it gets discontinued. I’m glad I bought it, but I’d rather save my money for other collections. I really like the quality of MAC lipglasses, and this one is no different. If you want a nice pink, I would suggest Culture Clash, but if you already have a color similar to this, then I would just skip it and get another gloss, because the pigmentation isn’t awesome or anything. Rated 8.5/10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 18031019370531/k2311a038/3.8.10