Maxi-Matic Juice Extractor TS-738
  • Since I know I don’t even come close to that amount, I decided it might be a good idea to use fruit juice instead

• by Jude244

According to the USDA, men and women are supposed to be consuming approximately two cups of fruit a day and even more if they are very physically active. Since I know I don’t even come close to that amount, I decided it might be a good idea to use fruit juice instead. I then went out and I purchased the Maxi-Matic Juice Extractor model TS-738.

The beauty of juice is that I can consume it quickly in the morning and know that I don’t have to worry about it again until the following day. Plus it seems to make me perkier than when I drink my usual cup of coffee.

I choose the Maxi-Matic Juice Extractor because it was relatively inexpensive and looked to be a decent

appliance. It has a 450 watt motor, a stainless steel cutter and a pulp separator. The unit itself has a base, plunger, chute, grater, pulp container, juice container and an on/off switch.

Before using it for the first time I washed most of the pieces in warm soapy water, dried them and then reassembled the unit. Putting the Maxi-Matic isn’t very hard at all.

Essentially, I placed the pulp catcher over the gear then placed the grater filter on the gear. Next, I placed the cover on the pulp catcher and made sure the bottom of the chute was inside the grater filter. Then, I only had to raise the clamps to fit in the notches of the cover and then press the lower part of the clamps until ...

• they snap into place. Once that was done, I simply slide the juice cup into place and plugged the unit into the wall socket.

Similarly, using the unit wasn’t hard either. When I wanted to extract juice for the first time, I held the plunger in one hand and used my other to add fruit in the chute. Next I inserted the plunger into the chute and pressed down to help it extract the juice. As it processed, I kept adding more fruit until the juice cup was just about three fourths of the way full. At that time, I emptied the contents to a container and also emptied out the pulp catcher so that it didn’t get jammed up.

In all I really have no complaints about

the Maxi-Matic; it has had no problem extracting my different juices and has done so quite easily for the past few weeks now.

It is also very easy to take care of. To clean the Maxi-Matic I simply have to wipe the base and any spills with a damp cloth, and then just soak the pieces in warm soapy water. I wish it had been dishwasher safe but I guess you can’t have everything.

Although I only paid about thirty dollars for my Maxi-Matic, I would have gladly paid more once I saw how well it worked. At first I was afraid it wouldn’t be strong enough since the price was much lower than its competitors, but it really surprised me that it could be so affordable and strong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538031019290531/k2311a038/3.8.10