HP Pavilion ZV5000 laptop
0.5
  • If you want a laptop that spends more time in a repair shop then home with you, you may want to consider an HP Pavilion zv5000
  • Instead of replacing it like I thought my warranty read, Best Buy said they had the option to keep repairing it
  • I know people who paid a fraction of what I paid for this horrible thing, and who have never had the trouble I’ve experienced

• by Jude244

If you want a laptop that spends more time in a repair shop then home with you, you may want to consider an HP Pavilion zv5000. To look at my laptop you’d never know how often it’s at a Best Buy repair center. That is you wouldn’t know until you turn it over and see the tell tale pink Best Buy service date stickers that have accumulated like mad over the time I’ve had it.

Since I’ve had my Pavilion, it has constantly over heated, blacked out losing countless papers I’ve written, had problems with the power cord port becoming loose, and has had problems with charging that have never been rectified despite being sent back to HP.

When my laptop is operable, which is rare, I have

to remain close to a wall plug since it will die without warning even when it reads that it has a fully charged battery. Even on its best days, I have to repeatedly save my work for fear of the inevitable blackout that happens without warning.

This has to be the most frustrating laptop ever to curse the light of day. Instead of replacing it like I thought my warranty read, Best Buy said they had the option to keep repairing it. So even though I needed it for school papers, I would often lose the laptop for several weeks at a time while it was being serviced.

When I first got my Pavilion I had hoped to use it to play and burn CD’s while ...

• I worked. These hopes were dashed as it seems to overwhelm the Pavilion and cause it to overheat within a few minutes of starting it. Basically something as simple as listening to music while typing is too much for this laptop. It will become burning hot and then just die on me.

Can you imagine if I have a few things going on at the same time like open word documents, windows, and programs; the whole thing grinds to a halt and then dies. I know people who paid a fraction of what I paid for this horrible thing, and who have never had the trouble I’ve experienced.

Since the warranty has expired I’ve paid three additional times out of pocket to have it fixed at

Best Buy. Each time I feel so ripped off since it’s the same problems over and over again and all their repairs seem to do is get me a few more frustrating months here and there. They really should have honored the warranty and given me a new laptop as this thing has had problems from the very beginning. Instead I get to visit them every few months to have it repaired instead.

So I’ve lost time, patience, and a whole lot of money on my HP Pavilion zv5000. It is once again dead as I write this, and frankly I’m not sure if I want to waste another dime repairing it. If you are still considering buying an HP Pavilion, be prepared for some shockingly poor performance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 638031019270531/k2311a038/3.8.10